PDA

View Full Version : Searcy DNA

JosephC
23-04-2017, 8:58 AM
Hi!

I am new to this website. My family research interest is the name Searcy. I belong to a Searcy/Cercy/Searcey/Scercy DNA research group in the US.

We have recently found out that all of the people in our group who have taken the DNA test have a very rare value for DYS481=21. This value is found according to Yfull.com in less than .24% of the samples for the I1 haplogroup. Along with the DYS388=16, these two values are very divergent and identifying for our Searcy group. Both values are rather rare, with DYS481=21 being the rarest. It helps to link us together.

I am wondering if any of the Searcys who are still residing in Great Britain have had a DNA analysis done and if they have had a similar result.

Thank you.

Joe Cercy

Pam Downes
23-04-2017, 10:24 AM
Hello Joe,

Welcome to British-Genealogy. :smile5:

The 'surname interests' thread is purely for the posting of surnames and places and any new thread is immediately closed, so I've moved your post to (what I think is) the more appropriate 'DNA Research' thread.
However I still have a little magic dust left so I can transfer your post to another thread if you prefer. (I can even move it back to the 'surname interests', but as I've said, the thread will be closed and people will have to contact you via the Private Messaging system.)

Pam

JosephC
23-04-2017, 11:34 AM
Thank you, Pam.