PDA

View Full Version : Towland family

Cymraes
07-10-2005, 5:20 PM
I found the family of William Towland, born scotland, living in Newburn, Walbottle Tyneside in 1901, Wife Ellen, children Hugh, catherine William and Florence. Adaughter Rachel was born and died in 1901 and a further child Rachel was born in 1903. Would love to know what became of this family.

DST1
21-10-2006, 3:08 PM
Catherine Annie (daughter of William and Ellen) born 1893, married William Scott of Crawcrook, Ryton on Tyne. William Scott (Grenadier Guards) killed in Sept 1918, buried in Sanders Keep cemetery near Cambrai. Catherine and William Scott had one daughter Margorie, born Dec 1916, died Oct 1989, who was my mother.

Rachel Towland (b1903) known to her family as Ettie, married Frank Babe (not sure which year) and lived in Clifford Terrace, Crawcrook, Ryton. She had two children one of whom lives in the USA.

William Towland died in tragic circumstances in Morpeth, Northumberland. His antecedents may have been called Toolan, from Dumfriesshire. I'm still looking into this!

I have no info yet on Catherine Annie or Ettie's siblings, but I may be able to find out.

Cymraes
16-03-2008, 4:27 PM
If you are still looking for your Toolan/Towland/Toulan family I have now gathered a great deal of info which I am happy to share.