PDA

View Full Version : weekly notifications

peter nicholl
17-01-2017, 6:53 PM
I thought that I had ticked the right boxes so as to get weekly notifications for subscribed threads, but apparently not this Monday. Any ideas?

arthurk
17-01-2017, 8:20 PM
You might need to check your message and/or spam filters. I get daily notifications, and I noticed some time within the last week that they weren't being filtered properly. On investigation, I discovered they were now coming from a different address ([email protected]).

thewideeyedowl
17-01-2017, 9:45 PM
Hi

Interesting that you have both had some problems with notifications not arriving, because I had been experiencing something similar between early December to a few days ago. It has now been sorted by the techies but I can only guess that it was something to do with a computer glitch that took against gmail.

This is what happened:
1. I am set to receive instant notification of a new reply to a subscribed thread or a PM. These just stopped coming.
2. I use a gmail address for the forum.
3. After several weeks of non-notification, I decided to change the email address in case that was the problem. BUT the system would not allow me to change the address, announcing that the address had been banned. :taz: Yikes! I was, though, still able to post; it was just that I could not contact/be contacted by Brit Gen.
4. PM'd a mod, who referred the prob to the techies. Nothing seemed to happen and I was on the point of having another moan about it.
5.Last weekend, I logged in after a couple of days' absence, found a PM, to which I replied somewhat apologetically, then noticed a thread I wanted to have a go at. (It was almost midnight!). Posted an answer and went to bed.
6. Next morning, I found email notification of a reply to the thread. Phew! Everything back to normal - at last.

My conclusion is that, in my case, it was some sort of glitch to do with the email address. Just a guess, though.

I believe that one of the mods may have been affected too. Anyone else?

Owl

christanel
17-01-2017, 11:26 PM
Hi
I am the Mod who was affected but not for as long a time as Owl and I didn't try finding a solution myself. I am also using a gmail address. I am now receiving notifications.

I have directed Admin/techies to this thread.

Christina

geneius
17-01-2017, 11:30 PM
I have a gmail.com address and have started to receive notifications again after a period of abscence! Think this goes back to when the site had a few problems with missing requests etc

arthurk
18-01-2017, 1:52 PM
I don't use gmail and haven't changed my email address, and my notifications (mix of daily and instant, I think) have been coming through normally. The only thing I noticed was the change of the sender's email address, and as that disrupted my filtering in Thunderbird, I wondered if it might be part of Peter's problem too.

emmteeyess
18-01-2017, 9:35 PM
Now you mention it, I've not had any notifications for a while either, and I've been posting a few times so there has been activity. (As well as other activity in forums I follow - but no emails)

I don't use a gmail account, and nothing has changed on my email account. There's nothing Brit-Gen in my spam box either.

:confused5:

What's going on?

Cheers, MTS

emmteeyess
22-01-2017, 11:17 PM
Hi
I am the Mod who was affected but not for as long a time as Owl and I didn't try finding a solution myself. I am also using a gmail address. I am now receiving notifications.

I have directed Admin/techies to this thread.

Christina

Can I drag this one back to the top of the list again please, and ask if the Admin/techies have made any progress?

I'm still notification-less and while it's not the end of the world it is irritating - |doh|

|cheers|

MTS

christanel
23-01-2017, 3:53 AM
I have asked Admin to get back to me re progress on this problem.
I wonder why it has corrected itself for some of s and not for others?

Christina

peter nicholl
23-01-2017, 8:22 AM
I received a weekly notification today.

emmteeyess
10-02-2017, 11:55 AM
I have asked Admin to get back to me re progress on this problem.
I wonder why it has corrected itself for some of s and not for others?

Christina

For one reason or another - or no reason at all - I received my first notification again overnight! Yay!

:party:

|cheers|

Cheers, MTS

emmteeyess
02-03-2017, 4:31 PM
For one reason or another - or no reason at all - I received my first notification again overnight! Yay!

I've only had the one tho - good job I use the 'Today's Posts' button most days.

What's going on???

Cheers, MTS