PDA

View Full Version : Unable to post to this forum - Why? Help!

Clive Blackaby
17-10-2004, 10:58 PM
:confused:

I'm seeking some technical help on behalf of a friend who is unable to post to forums on this site. Has anyone else out there experienced – and better still managed to solve this one???

She can type in the Title box, but not in the text box

The problem happens even with Norton I.S. (v2004) switched off
Operating system is Windows XP with Service pack 2

The permissions box in the bottom left of the screen states:

You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

We have tried signing on using her username on my p.c., and are able to post normally, so I have to assume there is something within her pc set-up that is causing the problem. It seems it only happens on this forum - it has not happened on any other forum so far.

Rod Neep
17-10-2004, 11:42 PM
I notice that you say that you have a "similar" setup.

Are you also running XP service pack 2 ?
Rod

Clive Blackaby
17-10-2004, 11:47 PM
Rod,

Yes, and Norton I.S., but I have v 2003, not 2004.

I work on Internet Explorer. She works on AOL

Di&Trev
20-10-2004, 11:29 PM
Hi Rod, I have now managed to access this site. I eventually re-registered on my husbands e-mail address. I can now (obviously) type on the fields and post threads etc. Still can't do anything on my original password and user name though. How can I delete all my original stuff and re-register through my own e-mail? Or shall I just leave things the way they are?

Clive Blackaby
20-10-2004, 11:40 PM
Well, that's a result of sorts! Remains a mystery why I can use Di's original username from my PC though - tried it again just now and it still works!!:confused:

Di&Trev
21-10-2004, 9:34 PM
Hi Rod,
I'd be more than happy to send my details and get them removed so that I can start again but as my other loggin apparently works for other people & other computers I don't really want to post it on an open site. I could e-mail you through the London list (yes, it was me last time. Sorry but no other way to contact you as I couldn't post at the time) or contact you through the contact administration link on this site. Which would be better/easier for you?
Thanks for your help anyway. At least this loggin does work!