PDA

View Full Version : Eades and Waud in Baslow

Jools
21-09-2005, 7:12 PM
Researching ancestors/ descendants of the Eades family of Baslow, also the name of WAUD of the same place.
Joseph Eades (my 2 x g grandfather was innkeeper of the Peacock Hotel, now the Devonshire Arms).
All siblings, sidelines etc more than welcome!

Wirral
21-09-2005, 8:29 PM
Hi Jools
You lucky thing, searching for people from Baslow! :D
You might want to look at this link http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/Baslow/index.html
David Dalrymple-Smith, Rosemary Lockie and others |bowdown|have done all the hard work for you. Censuses, directories, church records, grave inscriptions, they are all there.

Jools
10-12-2005, 3:48 PM
Many thanks for your message posted a long while ago! I have not looked at this since I posted my request.Sorry for the delay in replying, most remiss of me.

devonshire baslow
28-05-2006, 3:24 PM
Researching ancestors/ descendants of the Eades family of Baslow, also the name of WAUD of the same place.
Joseph Eades (my 2 x g grandfather was innkeeper of the Peacock Hotel, now the Devonshire Arms).
All siblings, sidelines etc more than welcome!

Just a quick word in case you hadn't realised - The Peacock Hotel has been The Cavendish Hotel since the 1960's, not The Devonshire Arms. The Devonshire Arms Hotel has been the Devonshire Arms since the 1850's.

The confusion may have arisen because The Cavendish is owned by the Duke of Devonshire.

Cheers
pk

janetaylor
02-03-2011, 9:07 PM
JUST FOUND THIS. I HAVE LINKS TO THESE FOLKS IN BASLOW!!!
JANE IN REDCAR