PDA

View Full Version : Wood - 1891 Census.

Trevor
17-10-2004, 7:57 PM
Hello all,

Would SKS with access to the 1891 census see if they can find these people for me?

Maria Wood, age 56, born Cheshire?, in 1881 she was widowed & living in Stitt Street, Everton.

Henry Wood, aged 26, born Everton, in 1881 he was living with his mother Maria.

In 1901, I have a Henry Wood & Ann (Pool) who I know are my Great Grandparents (who should be married in 1891) living in Georges Terrace, Everton but apart from age & location, I can not link them with the Henry above. I can find no record of Henry & Ann's marriage in FreeBMD, IGI or 1837online.com. :confused: Any information on Henry &/or Maria, including occupation would be most welcome

Thank you in anticipation
Trevor

Lindad
17-10-2004, 8:23 PM
Hi Trevor

I've found Henry on th 1891 (I think!)

Henry Wood - age 26 - born Liverpool - Cabinet French Polisher
Ann Wood - age 22 - wife - born Liverpool
Edward Wood - age 9 - adopted son - born Liverpool - scholar
Joseph Wood - age 1 - son
Address: 16 Burnley Street, Everton

Will now have another look for Maria...

Lindad
17-10-2004, 8:43 PM
Having said that, I can't immediately find Maria Wood on the 1891 living in Everton/Liverpool... maybe she remarried or moved elsewhere? There are loads of Maria Woods - but can't identify one of them as yours.

But, I've also looked on the 1871 and have found the following:

Joseph Wood - age 26 - born Liverpool - Mariner
Ellen Wood - age 24 - wife - born Everton
Henry Wood - age 5 - born Everton
Address: 14 Alma Street, Everton

Is this the same Henry? Who is Ellen? Where is Maria?!

Lindad
17-10-2004, 9:27 PM
Trevor

I've looked again at the 1891 and can find no trace or Maria... or any of the other siblings mentioned on the 1881. Having looked at the 1881, I don't think the 1871 family I mentined above are the ones you are looking for.

However, the first mention of Henry and Ann living in Alma Street could well be yours.

Sorry to have confused you!

Trevor
18-10-2004, 7:37 PM
Hi Lindad

Thanks for your hard work. The Henry & Ann you found in 1891 are certainly the correct ones. I was hoping that Maria was living with them, or something like that :( I should be so lucky! However where did Edward come from & where did he go in 1901? More research to do.
The family you found in 1871, could be 'my' Henry as well there is only one year different in age, though in 1881 he is given as 14!
As for Maria, there are quite a few, so it is immpossible to say which is which!
I will have to keep looking for a link back in some other way, Oh for a marriage certificate!

Thanks again, happy hunting :)
Trevor

suzuki
29-08-2006, 12:36 AM
hi we got
john wood abt 1880 - 1948 liverpool
Florence wood nee Lawton abt 1880 liverpool
arthur wood abt 1921
Francis wood abt 1918
Ernest wood abt 1925
they did have more children
all born everton liverpool
john woods father was william wood abt 1860 Sheffield

u think they are the same family
cheers

LesleysTree
16-08-2011, 9:27 PM
Having said that, I can't immediately find Maria Wood on the 1891 living in Everton/Liverpool... maybe she remarried or moved elsewhere? There are loads of Maria Woods - but can't identify one of them as yours.

But, I've also looked on the 1871 and have found the following:

Joseph Wood - age 26 - born Liverpool - Mariner
Ellen Wood - age 24 - wife - born Everton
Henry Wood - age 5 - born Everton
Address: 14 Alma Street, Everton

Is this the same Henry? Who is Ellen? Where is Maria?!

Hello :)

The family above are my ancestors. Ellen Brereton is the wife of Joseph Wood and she was alive until at least 1901. Sorry to disappoint but it looks as though it is a different family. The Henry above was living in Severs Street, Everton on the next census and we know his whereabouts until 1911. Hope this helps to narrow things down a little. It can be quite hard with such a common name.

Regards

Lesley

Trevor
22-08-2011, 8:32 PM
Hi Lesley,

Thank you for the information, I have looked at your relation, as my Henry has a son Joseph, and the name Ellen appears in that branch of the family tree, but I couldn't find a definite link!

Could you please let me have your Henry's wife's name if possible so I can make sure I have checked her and crossed her of my list.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Trevor