PDA

View Full Version : Woodward

tiyelf
18-09-2005, 9:47 AM
Hello
I am researching my husbands family who were canal boat people.
I am interested in finding any information on Richard Woodward born about 1850 in Birmingham.
I know he married Elizabeth Millward in 1879 in Northampton and on the 1891 census he had 2 boats, Elizabeth and The Good Contriver. Richard is listed with his wife and 3 of their children on Elizabeth and 3 more of his children were on The Good Contriver with an Albert Feeaks.
I have found him and his family on the 1901 census living in Brierley Hill his occupation is listed as labourer in Iron works.
On his marriage certificate it says his father was Charles Woodward boatman.
I have searched ancestry but all i can find is the information above.
If anyone can help or advise me on where to look i would be grateful.
Kaye

Lizzi
13-06-2006, 1:21 AM
Would you know if Richard Woodward also had a son called Charles Woodward born Birmingham approx 1895. Who married a Gwendolin Gertrude Birch born approx 1895. We know Charles was later living with/married another lady as Charles Woodward son Dennis Woodward born Birmingham 1921. left home at a young age (according to his stories) that he never got on with his step mother.
We know Dennis Woodward had at least 1 sister Floss Woodward born Birmingham and 3 brothers Stanley Woodward born Birmingham, Clarence Woodward born Birmingham and Arthur Woodward born Birmingham.
Many Thanks
Liz

tiyelf
26-07-2006, 8:53 AM
Hi Lizzi,

My Richard did have a son Charles born about 1881, unfortunatley i dont recognise any of the names you have written.
sorry for not being much help to you.
Kaye