PDA

View Full Version : russell family tree

thriftys
17-09-2005, 3:52 PM
im searching for information on the russell family who may have lived in the paddington area around the 1870's to 1884,before coming to perth ,west australia.my grandfather's name was henry john,born 1882 in paddington he had 5 brothers albert,george,michael,alex,fredrick with possably 2 sisters named daisy and alice?.can anyone help me in this research please. many thanks.marge palmer

Trish
18-09-2005, 4:26 AM
im searching for information on the russell family who may have lived in the paddington area around the 1870's to 1884,before coming to perth ,west australia.my grandfather's name was henry john,born 1882 in paddington he had 5 brothers albert,george,michael,alex,fredrick with possably 2 sisters named daisy and alice?.can anyone help me in this research please. many thanks.marge palmerMarge,

A few questions:
-- Have you found them on the 1881 census?
-- Do you think they may have lived anywhere else besides Paddington?
-- Would you have birthdates for your grandfather's brothers and sisters?
-- If not, would you know if they were younger or older than him -- or both?
-- Do you know his parents' names?

The answers may help someone help you -- hopefully.

Regards,
Trish

thriftys
18-09-2005, 1:49 PM
hi trish,im sorry i dont know a lot about the family.i think henry was the youngest.Only know the year of birth,brothers names,and that he was born in paddington .When he was 2yrs old the family came to australia and lived in fremantle,palmyra areas.thats about it.cheers marge

Trish
21-09-2005, 12:05 AM
Marge,

How about this family from the 1881 census? Obviously, Henry is the wrong age but there are a number of matching names...

Address: 137 Maida Vale, Paddington, London
Charles H. RUSSELL Head 43 Club Proprietor
Esther Wife 36
Henry Son 19
Julia Daur 17
Kate Daur 16
Fred Son 15
Horace Son 15
Ada Daur 14
Maude Daur 9
George Son 4
Violet Daur 3
Beatrice Daur 1
Mary L. WHITE Servant 23
Kate DILLON Servant 27
Bettie PHILLIPS Servant 23

This is pretty much the only family I can see on the '81 census which comes anywhere close to matching yours...

Trish

thriftys
27-09-2005, 6:14 AM
hi trish,thanks for your reply, but henry was approx 2years of age when the family came to australia and i have to find out wheather or not some sibblings were born here. i will have to do more research ? cheers marge

thriftys
01-10-2005, 4:20 PM
hi trish,sorry these names and people arnt mine.the family as far as i know came out here about 1884/85?henry the son was only 2yrs old at thre time his birth date is 10.3.1881.i got that from my cousin and we are chasing up the birth/marrage papers from onother cousin or to see who has them.so far i found my g/mothers family so i am chuffed at that but its the russells that are hard to find.but will keep forging ahead. cheers marge