PDA

View Full Version : Ricksons of Betchworth & Holmwood

diane francis
09-09-2005, 11:57 PM
I am trying to trace William and Sarah Rickson from the Betchworth area. I know they are buried in Holmwood. Their son James was christened in 1813 in Betchworth but there the line stops.
Any help would be gratefully received.
Thanks Diane

jeeb
10-09-2005, 12:45 AM
Hi Diane,
When posting a thread asking for help on this forum you need to give as much information as possible. Don't just say from 'Betchworth area' tell us its in Surrey, I had to look it up! Also if you know William & Sarah were buried in Holmwood after they had Baptised a child in 1813, this is the magic year the ages at death started to be recorded. Tell us how old they were, the more information you give the better the results are likely to be!
Good Luck, Jeremy.

diane francis
12-09-2005, 9:55 PM
I have got a little more information since my last post. James was christened at Betchworth on 20/6/1813, he had a brother George who was christened in Betchworth on 6/8/1815 and a sister Jane who was christened in the same place on 17/9/1826.
I don't have anymore information than that, but if anyone knows anything about the family or can find out if there were more children of William and Sarah that would be brilliant.
By the way William was born in 1777.
Regards Diane

diane francis
17-09-2005, 6:21 PM
Further to my recent postings, I have found out that William Rickson died in 1838 but Sarah his wife was still alive in 1841 and living in Holmwood, Surrey. If anyone has access to the 1841 Surrey census and could check this out for me I would be very grateful.
Holmwood by the way is near Dorking.
Regards Diane