PDA

View Full Version : stapletons in nottingham

lizzee66
07-09-2005, 10:34 PM
Hi everyone, Can someone do a lookup for me please, I am still waiting for my CDs and I am getting impatient. So here goes, I am looking for Samuel Stapleton in the 1851 census in Nottinghamshire. Samuels father was John Stapleton and his mother was Hannah Stapleton nee Fox. Samuel would have been about 2 years old, he also had an older brother William and a younger brother James. Hope someone can help me as I am trying to establish when it was that Samuels father John died. Happy searching everyone. Lizz.

kmdward
08-09-2005, 2:37 AM
I found a John and Hannah Stapleton in the 1851 census in Greasley, there appears to be number of Stapletons families in the area.
HO107/2125 pg 249 household 56
Hilltop
John Stapleton, head, 27, fwk, born notts Greasley
Hannah Stapleton, wife, 29, born Nttm Greasley
Maria Stapleton, dau, 3, born Nttm Greasley
Wm Stapleton, son, 1, born Nttm Greasley.

unsure that this is your family due to the children.

lizzee66
08-09-2005, 3:46 AM
Hi Kmdward, (not sure of your name). Just my luck that there are a lot of stapletons and I bet there all called JOHN and SAMUEL. I dont think this lot are mine though. I think my lot lived around Kirkby in Ashfield area somewhere. Oh well thanks again. Back to it. Lizz

kmdward
09-09-2005, 2:27 AM
Hi Lizzie Kirby in Ashfield is in the same Census piece number as Greasley. So HO107/2125 will cover the area your interested in. Which should cut down on some searching.
good luck