PDA

View Full Version : Telford Carlisle

Steven Snowball
02-09-2005, 6:20 PM
I am looking for my Grandmothers parents, my Grandmother was Margaret Telford she was born in 1908 in the Carlisle her father was John or JackTelford, I have no information on her mother can anyone help.

Regards
Steven

Geoffers
02-09-2005, 9:32 PM
I am looking for my Grandmothers parents, my Grandmother was Margaret Telford she was born in 1908 in the Carlisle her father was John or JackTelford, I have no information on her mother can anyone help.
The standard way would be to obtain Margaret Telford's birth certificate - have you been able to do this? It should show both parents' names and the mother's maiden name. If you are not sure how to go about obtaining a birth certificate, please ask.

Geoffers

jeeb
02-09-2005, 11:03 PM
Hi Steven,
Following on from Geoffers advice, there are only two Margaret Telford births registered in Cumbria for 1908. One of these is in Carlisle but also registered dead the same quarter. The second one is registered at Alston and is most likely to be your Grandmother. The registers for Alston are now at Penrith.
There are three possible marriages registered pre 1908 for a John Telford, none at Alston but three at Carlisle, one each year 1900, 1901 & 1902.

Birth Margaret Telford,
Reg. Alston, December quarter 1908. Vol 10b, Page 526.

Happy hunting, Jeremy.