PDA

View Full Version : Pre-1837 Baptisms

Alan Nancarrow
31-08-2005, 1:20 AM
Hi Scottie or Anyone,

Could you please advise if there are pre-1837 parish baptism lists (something like the Phillimore Marriages?) available.

My interest is in ascertaining the off-spring of William Nancarrow and Johanna Merrifield who were married at East Newlyn on 12 June 1791. The only one that I am aware of is William born 1793 (3xg-grandfather). My guess would be that they lived their lives in the East Newlyn area.

As always, any help is appreciated.

Regards, Alan

Reider
31-08-2005, 2:14 AM
Have you tried familysearch?????????
When you find their website click on search.
Click on I.G.I.
Fill in father's name.
Fill in wife's first name only
Put in England.
Click enter.
I believe this is the rest of this family.
Mylor is not that far from East Newlyn.
Hope this helps.

Reider

Alan Nancarrow
31-08-2005, 5:42 AM
Hi Reider,

Thanks very much for your suggestion, which I hadn't thought of, and have now tried. However, they are the wrong family. William Nancarra & Johanna Jobe were married at Mylor on 15 MAR 1790. Five of the results from the IGI search are their children while the sixth is the William whose siblings I am looking for, if any.

Thanks,

Alan

Diane Grant-Salmon
31-08-2005, 9:23 AM
You could make a note of this site:
http://www.parishchest.com/
This is Parish Chest, click on the site map to navigate your way around. Pam from Cornish Forefathers transcribes baptisms on CD ...... records from the CRO in Truro, Cornwall. I've just had a quick look, but don't think she's done your Parish though.

However, other people have a stand in the Parish Chest, if you have a look around, you may be able to find something to help you.