PDA

View Full Version : Stablers in Nafferton - late 18th C.

Grounded
25-08-2005, 9:51 AM
Good evening (well it is here!) I am new here so if I stuff up the protocol, please make allowances.
I am researching my family tree from here in NZ.
I have traced my gt,gt, grandfather, Thomas, to Kilham in 1847, living with parents Richard and Hannah. Richard was born in Ruston Parva. In IGI I have found a Richard Stabler born in Ruston Parva in May 1813. His siblings were David, Thomas, Harriet, all of whom were born in Ruston Parva, and William, the eldest, born in Nafferton in 1808 to John and Betty Stabler. From the same source, I have found a John and Elizabeth Nightingale Stabler, who begat a Betty (1803) and John (1805) Stabler in Nafferton. It is possible that Betty and Elizabeth Nightingale are one and the same, but how might I test that? Are there Parish records, in Nafferton or Ruston Parva, that may determine one way or the other? And if so, are there kind souls with time on their hands? Or can anyone give me a lead to follow?
Many thanks
Chris

Trish
25-08-2005, 1:00 PM
Chris,

I can't help with Betty and Elizabeth Nightingale but I think the following may be members of your family in the 1861 census:

Address: East Street, Kilham

Richard STABLER Head 46 Agricul lab born Ruston Parva, Yorkshire
Hanah STABLER Wife 40 born Lowthorpe, Yorkshire
Robert STABLER Son 8 Scholar born Kilham, Yorkshire
Mary Jane STABLER Daur 2 born Kilham, Yorkshire
Ellen STABLER Daur 5 months born Kilham, Yorkshire

and living next door [or across the street]

Frances SHARPE Head Widow 45 Farmer employing 3 Men + 2 boys 170 acres of land born Wetwang, Yorkshire
John SHARPE Son 21 Farmers Son born Kilham, Yorkshire
Frances SHARPE Daur 18 born Kilham, Yorkshire
Anne BATES [Relationship left blank] 18 Servant born Kilham, Yorkshire
Anne STABLER [Relationship left blank] 12 Servant born Kilham, Yorkshire
William WALKER [Relationship left blank] 25 Carter born St. Peter, Norfolk
Aquila SHARPE [Male, relationship left blank] 14 Carter born Kilham, Yorkshire
John HARRISON [Relationship left blank] 14 Carter born Langtoft, Yorkshire

Reference: RG9/3610 Folio 93

HTH,

Trish

Grounded
25-08-2005, 7:20 PM
Hi Trish

Many thanks, indeed they are. Didn't know about the neighbour though, she's new!

Cheers
Chris