PDA

View Full Version : no image available

Wiganexile
26-10-2013, 8:59 AM
I was checking the 1787 marriage of Thomas Swanston and Elizabeth Murry, Cathedral, Manchester on familysearch earlier this morning. It had the camera icon next to it and the image of a register entry came up but was quickly covered by the 'no image available' message.

Does anyone know why?

Lesley Robertson
26-10-2013, 9:04 AM
It's possible that someone complained about the quality of the scan and it's been withdrawn - I saw one where the writing was so faded you couldn't read it. Of course, their computers could also be at fault!

It would possibly be worth contacting them and asking

Wiganexile
26-10-2013, 12:13 PM
It wasn't just one, Lesley, it was every one that I checked. Last time I attempted to contact familysearch I couldn't make moss or sand of some of their questions and never got as far as being able to ask my own question: I'll try again.

jac65
26-10-2013, 12:41 PM
Hi

I don't think that Familysearch.org have had the images for Manchester Cathedral. Over the years I have seen quite a few queries re the Cathedral because until fairly recently they were not online anywhere, they are now on Ancestry

Addition. It is not the image of the register that flashes up but a generic image.

Andy

Peter Goodey
26-10-2013, 2:04 PM
This data appears to be from the IGI, not from their more recent digitisation. There are no images available on that site.

As Andy says, you need to look on Ancestry for the image.

Wiganexile
26-10-2013, 7:43 PM
It was the camera icon that foxed m. Thanks to both of you.