PDA

View Full Version : 1841 & 1851 Census

JohnWoods
19-08-2005, 1:26 PM
Does anyone have access to 1851 and/or 1841 census - or know who I can approach who might ?

I am looking specifically for the following:

James Brown born 9/3/1823 Stanhope, Durham, Son of Thomas Brown.

Mary Heslop born 1823, Allenheads, Northumberland, daughter of Pattison Heslop.

Margaret Telford born 21/9/1828 in Haydon Bridge, Northumberland daughter of Edward.

William Potts born 1823 Brampton, Cumbria, son of William Potts. He married Margaret Telford 24/11/1849 in Hexham.

Thanks

John Woods

stewey
17-09-2005, 3:30 PM
Hi John, my wife's away for a week, but she has Telford & Woods ancestors from Haydon Bridge area. ( She also has all her family tree notes with her, Heppell & Tailford & Mason & Temperley families too.) We do have 1841 & 51 censuses but they're not indexed, and some of the scans are terribly hard to read, so we've not gone through them as much as we'd like. (The 1861 scans from Archive Books are excellent in comparison!)

Keep in touch & we may be able to help each other with notes!

JohnWoods
21-09-2005, 1:53 PM
Hi Stewey,

I've just got back from holiday and am trying to get a new PC set up correctly so don't even have my software loaded yet. If I remember correctly Margaret Telford was the daughter of Edward and I think he was a cartwright.

I would love to swap details though mine are a bit hazy hence wanted to see what was in the census to try and get a better starting point. Please get in touch when your wife is back.

Thanks

John