PDA

View Full Version : WOOLCOCK/TREVILLIAN - Illogan

Ridge Didge
16-10-2004, 9:43 AM
I am researching anything in regards to the WOOLCOCK OR TREVILLIAN FAMILIES in the Illogan parish.

Gary Ridgway, Western Australia

steph-ken
14-11-2004, 2:20 AM
Hi Gary,
I have a Jane WOOLCOCK b 1815 Illogan in amongst my COCK/TREVELYAN people. My Jane appears to have died 1815, Burra, Sth Australia. Her husband was George TREVILYAN b 1808 Camborne(?) I believe they married somewhere between 1851 & 1855.
Is there a possible connection?
The information that I have is mostly from another family researcher, so I cannot claim it for my own, nor as to the accuracy either!!
Look forward to hearing from you.
Stephanie in Adelaide.

Ridge Didge
24-07-2005, 1:43 PM
Hi Gary,
I have a Jane WOOLCOCK b 1815 Illogan in amongst my COCK/TREVELYAN people. My Jane appears to have died 1815, Burra, Sth Australia. Her husband was George TREVILYAN b 1808 Camborne(?) I believe they married somewhere between 1851 & 1855.
Is there a possible connection?
The information that I have is mostly from another family researcher, so I cannot claim it for my own, nor as to the accuracy either!!
Look forward to hearing from you.
Stephanie in Adelaide.
Hello Stephanie,
Apologies for not replying sooner. Moved home so was without a computer for four months and then just as I finished setting it up the hard drive crashed. Very little family history lost though as the bulk of my data is paper based at the momemt. In future I hope to transfer it onto computer using the Master Genealogist software program.
The Jane Woolcock you mentioned is the same one that I have listed in my family history. Her maiden surname was Johns, her father James Johns. Jane married Ephraim Woolcock in Illogan 5 August 1837. Their son John born 12 November 1842 is my great grandfather. Ephraim died in 1844 and Jane remarried George Trevillian (Trevilyan) in Redruth 6 September 1851. I have the certificates for all the above dates. I have also been liaising with Robert Slater who lives in Adelaide and is a descendent of one of Ephraim children from his first marriage to Elizabeth Willoughby.
You can contact me off-line at gary.ridgway(AT)bigpond.com

Regards, Gary Ridgway

Ridge Didge
24-07-2005, 1:47 PM
I have the transcription of the Illogan baptisms 1720-1840 and I am quite willing to do a look up.
Apologies for not replying sooner but I move home.
Appreciate any help.
I have a long list of Woolcocks and am heading to Cornwall this year but
could you look up a JANE JOHNS, born c.1815/1816, father's name JAMES JOHNS.

Regards, Gary

erica henley
28-08-2010, 8:32 AM
Have just read your thread and really excited to know that we are related. John Woolcock - (son of Ephraim Woolcock & Jane Johns) is my gggrandfather too.

I have emailed you on your personal email that was listed in one of your earlier posts - mind you, that was 6 years ago!

Was in Cornwall in June this year with my parents and stayed near Redruth & drove thru St Agnes. Was lovely for my father to visit Cornwall for the first time in his life - to celebrate his 80th birthday!

Gary.
21-06-2012, 11:38 PM
Hi Gary.

I have Ann Woolcock who m. Grenville/Grenfield Martin at Redruth. Some of her forebears appear to have been buried at Illogan John Martin buried 26/10/1578. It is possible his father David is also buried there.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Gary, Hazelbrook, NSW.

Procat
22-06-2012, 6:40 AM
Hi Gary,

Ridge Didge has not been on the forum since 2005 so may not see your post.

Ridge Didge
23-07-2012, 6:01 AM
Hi Gary.

I have Ann Woolcock who m. Grenville/Grenfield Martin at Redruth. Some of her forebears appear to have been buried at Illogan John Martin buried 26/10/1578. It is possible his father David is also buried there.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Gary, Hazelbrook, NSW.

Gary,

I do not have an Ann Woolcock listed in my Woolcock family tree. My great grandfather John WOOLCOCK (Born 12 November 1842 Illogan Cornwall, Died 27 September 1888 Forbes New South Wales) was the son of Ephraim WOOLCOCK (Baptised 14/12/1800. Died 6/02/1844) and Jane JOHNS. Ephraim was the the son of Thomas WOOLCOCK and Sidwell REYNOLDS (Marriage 12/04/1790 St Agnes, Cornwall). Ephraim's siblings were Nancie (Bt 26/12/1790), Joanna (Bt 4/04/1793), Thomas (Bt 26/01/1796), Mary (Bt 1/07/1798) and James (Bt 29/10/1804). Regards, Gary Ridgway, Western Australia.