PDA

View Full Version : newbie intro & surname interests

nijinski
16-08-2005, 8:55 AM
Hello All

My name is Anita and I have been researching our family history for 10 years. I am a full time working mother with two young adults for children and who at this very moment has a week off work. My interests in family history lay mainly in Yorkshire, then Wigtownshire, Scotland, Kent, Sussex and Ireland.

My surname list is extreemly long but I will post only those that I am actively researching:

TYAS from 1785 Conisborough, Branton, Cantley, Awkley Doncaster, Yks

PYE from 1769 Retford, Notts to Braithwell, Conisborough Doncaster, Yks
MASON from 1853 Brighouse, Holbeck, Hunslet, Leeds, Yks

JACKSON from 1777 Brayton, Carlton, Kellington, Templehurst, Snaith, Hull, Doncaster and Huddersfield

I have a lot of information on these family names and would love to hear from anyone who has interests in the same area.

Thank you

Anita

Suebartlett
16-08-2005, 9:16 AM
Hi
Welcome to the forum, everyone here is very friendly and willing to help with whatever they can.

I have JACKSON in Yorks.

Different branches of them, with no connection between them.

I have Margaret Jackson bp. 1752 St John Ousebridge d/o William, who married Peter Thornton.

Mercy Jackson bp. 1714 Horsforth daughter of Micheal, who married Robert Roberts.

Anne Jackson b1694 Leeds married Thomas Westerman.

I also have Rev. Jackson who married Marilyn Batsondale (my Dads cousin), but he only died a few yesrs ago.

Good Luck
Sue

nijinski
16-08-2005, 1:45 PM
Hello Sue

Thanks for the welcome. The JACKSONS you have listed are not in any of the places where my JACKSONs have or are situated, though the names John, Robert and Anne feature quite a lot through my research. Though certain male members of the JACKSON family left their family for greener pastures they have pretty much stayed in the one place. The name is quite common though as is MASON in the leeds area. Does help when you get an unusual first name.

Good luck with your research

Anita