PDA

View Full Version : Weather & Temp.'s - like a toilet seat.

Colin Rowledge
28-05-2013, 8:42 PM
Here in the 'banana belt' of Ontario today is cloudy with showers and cool - +11

Forecast for the rest of the week:
Wednesday - More of the same
Thursday - Sunny and hot - +28
Friday - Sunny and even hoter with humidity - +30
Saturday - Nice. Sunny and seasonable - +18

Can't wait to get to England later in June. Will I only need the following - a raincoat, gloves, sou-wester, long johns and a 'brolly'?

Colin

tony vines
28-05-2013, 9:05 PM
That's why it's such a green and pleasant land Colin.

richard40
29-05-2013, 6:36 AM
I am in Cambridgeshire Colin, but had to go to Scotland last week for some sunshine, got confused on arrival, phoned the council to complain they had left the street lights on, they answered, they have none where we are, it is called the sun, it appears so infrequently here now we had forgotten what it looked like. Do us a favour, bring a bucket of that plus 30 with you to kick about a bit, 3 weeks from mid-summer day and it is +9c outside our back door this morning, we are an agricultural area, and very little is growing, at least a month behind.

lawsue
29-05-2013, 6:53 AM
Who trained you to put the toilet seat down?

richard40
29-05-2013, 7:19 AM
That just had to be a Female comment, no man would say that!!

lawsue
29-05-2013, 8:16 AM
No, because no man gets a pleasant surprise in the middle of the night IN THE DARK

Colin Rowledge
29-05-2013, 11:00 AM
No, because no man gets a pleasant surprise in the middle of the night IN THE DARK

Due to recent conflict in medications I was taking, I've had some not so pleasant surprises in the middle of the night.

susan-y
29-05-2013, 3:18 PM
Do us a favour, bring a bucket of that plus 30 with you to kick about a bit, 3 weeks from mid-summer day and it is +9c outside our back door this morning, we are an agricultural area, and very little is growing, at least a month behind.

Richard40
You don't want the +30...it comes with humidity, bugs and nasty thunderstorms. :sweatdrop:
Our crops are behind here as well and we had heavy frost at night over the weekend. My basil was covered, but it still turned black....

Sue

richard40
29-05-2013, 6:48 PM
Fair comment Susan-y, but we are well fed up with the second year in a row like this, we sat outside twice last summer, that opportunity has not yet appeared at all yet this year, we are outdoor people normally, birds in our garden are only just laying eggs, usually the young are fledged and gone by now. We keep hearing of global warming, this last couple of years here are proving the opposite.

susan-y
29-05-2013, 7:15 PM
:smile5: We would all be happy with low to mid 20's sunshine, with the odd shower during the night. We have almost 50 acres and the black flies and mosquitos are so bad this year that I haven't even got all the garden planted, let alone enjoyed the hiking.