PDA

View Full Version : Rockker

RobinC
27-05-2013, 6:29 PM
http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/member.php/61657-rockker

Is this a genuine forum member as the three posts that have been made seem quite strange.

Squaredancer
27-05-2013, 8:56 PM
I'm wondering that too - the messages seem unconnected with the threads they're in and on each of them there's a clickable link, which I haven't clicked (not sure what I'd end up looking at!)

I've tried the "report message" button but it doesn't seem to be working. Perhaps one of the mods could check?

Heather
27-05-2013, 9:21 PM
Hi there......I was never shown how to temporarily ban a user and as the Mods who knew how to do this are long gone to another genealogy galaxy, I will give it a shot. I did get your report, squaredancer but have been into the Tardis and trying to figure out what to do with him/her. Banning him is a definite thought. Sue is away and there is just Neil, Ladkyis and myself.

Time to either get more mods or teach the 3 of us how to do this sort of thing.

gasser
27-05-2013, 9:22 PM
Hmmm.....they are weird to say the least. Mods ....where are you??

Heather
27-05-2013, 9:30 PM
OK, the deed is done. He joined today and made just 3 posts and there was no doubt he was just an idiot. (g). I banned him permanently. So learned that one today.....thank you ladies.

Ladkyis
27-05-2013, 9:41 PM
He is in banned users and the posts should not now be visible - they have been moderated and will be deleted just as soon as Admin get into work this week. He will also then be deleted and not be able to rejoin with that email address.

Thanks for the heads up, I am so glad you all (nearly went all texan then and wrote Y'all) have such eagle eyes and let us know about these..... what shall we call them..........Hmmmm a word that sounds like bankers perhaps.............. Sometimes I have such a potty mouth.

Thank you again everyone

gasser
27-05-2013, 9:44 PM
Hmmmm a word that sounds like bankers

Now, now ladkyis....

Ladkyis
27-05-2013, 9:54 PM
Hee hee hee....................I know but sometimes, just sometimes a person has to just..............well, you know

gasser
27-05-2013, 9:59 PM
Hee hee hee....................I know but sometimes, just sometimes a person has to just..............well, you know

....speak the truth :whistling:

Squaredancer
27-05-2013, 10:01 PM
I found this ex-member making a nuisance of him/herself on another forum - the mod there just removed the link with a note that it was unconnected. Did anyone on these forums click the links?

Heather
27-05-2013, 11:12 PM
I found this ex-member making a nuisance of him/herself on another forum - the mod there just removed the link with a note that it was unconnected. Did anyone on these forums click the links?

Yes, I did check one and they seemed to all be the same. They were not valid links, but nowadays no one should click on unknown links from unknown people (I did it differently, as a "just-in-case", btw). The posts are just hidden but the links purport to be pointing to Marriage Records in the UK.

RobinC
28-05-2013, 3:50 AM
I thought he / she was being rude and unhelpful when I read the first post but then read the other two and it appeared that keywords from the thread titles were being explained as if from a thesaurus.

Heather
28-05-2013, 4:01 AM
I thought he / she was being rude and unhelpful when I read the first post but then read the other two and it appeared that keywords from the thread titles were being explained as if from a thesaurus.

Rather like the Twilight Zone (the old one from the 60's, lol.). Sure was a weird one. Usually I get the American spammers due to the difference in the time zones.

Heather
28-05-2013, 4:04 AM
Robin......I just had a look at who you were researching. I worked for a lawyer whose name was Crouch here in Brampton, Ontario many years ago. Possible relative?? I believe his first name was Bob.

RobinC
28-05-2013, 4:10 AM
Robin......I just had a look at who you were researching. I worked for a lawyer whose name was Crouch here in Brampton, Ontario many years ago. Possible relative?? I believe his first name was Bob.

I haven't come across anyone from the Crouch family who emigrated to America but there are a lot of loose ends circa 1800 so you never know.

Ladkyis
28-05-2013, 8:15 AM
My thanks to everyone who alerted us to Rockker. Our techie Admin has now pressed the button on the Jedi sword and zapped Rockker out of the forum, together with the spam posts "he" had made.

We really do appreciate your vigilance and we hope you will keep on spam-spotting for us. Simon (techie Admin) rather likes zapping spammers and is eager for another go.