PDA

View Full Version : can't remember the name of them

elizabeth.a
16-05-2013, 2:29 PM
Hi a few year ago i went to the library to see if my granddad was living at an address in 1922-1925 they gave me some registers to look through i need to see them again but i can not for the live of me remember what they where call as anyone any idea what they may have been. Apologies if this is the wrong forum Regards Elizabeth

Sue Mackay
16-05-2013, 2:44 PM
Sounds like electoral rolls. I have moved it to that forum

elizabeth.a
16-05-2013, 2:55 PM
Hi sue no don't think it was the electoral roll it was some sort of valuation register wish i could remember it just gave the name of the head of the house hold . thanks for your reply elizabeth

Peter Goodey
16-05-2013, 3:09 PM
it was some sort of valuation register

Sounds like a Rate Book. A resource that's often overlooked by genealogists.

elizabeth.a
16-05-2013, 4:24 PM
Hi Peter well if it was it wasn't called a Rate Book someone told me to check with the library this was a few years ago to see if they had them they did and they asked me when i would be going because they would have to bring it up from the basement . when they brought it to me it was in a big box it was a big book . It had the name of the head of the house and how many lived there but no other names . I think the name of the book was something like REVALUATION SOMETHING. I can ring up the library and try and explain to them just thought if someone knows what it was i could just ring and ask to see it Regards elizabeth

Peter Goodey
16-05-2013, 5:04 PM
Lloyd George Domesday? Land Tax Valuation? (For examples, see Ancestry "London, England, Land Tax Records, 1692-1932")

elizabeth.a
27-05-2013, 5:36 PM
Hi all just thought you would like to know i found out what the book was called that i was trying to get hold of. It was the VALUATION+FIELD BOOK . Thanks to all for your replys Elizabeth