PDA

View Full Version : Louisa Frances Ann COOPER

robinadexter
10-08-2005, 12:42 AM
:D I am delighted to announce - especially to those kind souls who have tried to help me - that I have just blasted a big hole in my brick wall. I have now identified Louisa COOPER (whose place of birth is stated in censuses from 1871 to 1901 to have been the Isle of Wight, but in 1861 as Portsmouth) as Louisa Frances Ann COOPER, christened 1 May 1842 in Portsmouth , parents Michael and Ann. I still have found no marriage for Louisa, but I did some lateral thinking and sent for the birth certificates of all of her children for whom I could find a reference. Cost a bomb, but it was worth it! Only one gives all her three forenames (in fact, only one other, my Gran's, gives two).
Now comes the request: I am pretty sure that the marriage given by IGI of Michael COOPER and Ann Haigh, 19 Jan 1825 at Alverstoke, relates to Louisa' parents. There is also a chistening of Michael George COOPER on 28 Jan 1827 at the same church (St. Thomas, Portsmouth) as Louisa, parents also Michael and Ann. Does anyone have any more info., from parish records or whatever, that might be relevant? I'd be grateful for the merest snippet.
Meanwhile, I hope my sidewards method of searching may be a useful example for anyone else as bogged down as I was.
Cheers
Robina

HiNicho
08-11-2005, 12:17 PM
Hi
I dont know if you may have this info already but i thought i'd send it to you anyway

Daniel Cooper Christened 11/06/1828
Susannah Elizabeth Cooper Christened 20/11/1829
Robert Cooper Christened 18/08/1833
Edmund Cooper Christened 21/01/1835
Parents Micheal and Ann Cooper all christened at St Thomas's Portsea

I have also found a death for a Michael George Cooper Jan-Mar 1840 Portsea Island
Regards Nikki

robinadexter
09-11-2005, 2:29 AM
Thanks Nikki,
Yes, I do have them, but I am grateful to you all the same. I only have the IGI ref for Edmund and Robert. Do you have anything more specific? (An archive/ parish ref?).
The Michael George who died was another son, bap 1825. Michael Snr died in 1847 and Ann, his wife, in 1844. I have now also found Louisa in the 1851 census - in Tower Hamlets Orphanage, which explains how she got to London.
All the best, Robina