View Full Version : Foster Family in Hull

pammelie
09-08-2005, 6:53 PM
Hi everyone,

I wonder if anyone can help? I have information on my family tree as follows

Joseph William Foster b.c.1771 m. Mary Mair 1797

Joseph parents Blashell (christian name) m ? Clark of Whitby

Blashell parents James Foster m.Elizabeth Thorp

James parents Jonathan Fosterb.1644(Hull) m.Mary Blashell also may all be Quakers.

Does anyone know how I can retrieve information this far back? or know anything themselves? Also Joseph William born at Bewick Hall nr Aldbrough would I be able to visit this place does anyone know? would be extremely grateful for ANY information.

Thanking-you in anticipation

Pam

Kusarigama
10-09-2005, 5:51 AM
Hi everyone,

I wonder if anyone can help? I have information on my family tree as follows

Joseph William Foster b.c.1771 m. Mary Mair 1797

Joseph parents Blashell (christian name) m ? Clark of Whitby

Blashell parents James Foster m.Elizabeth Thorp

James parents Jonathan Fosterb.1644(Hull) m.Mary Blashell also may all be Quakers.

Does anyone know how I can retrieve information this far back? or know anything themselves? Also Joseph William born at Bewick Hall nr Aldbrough would I be able to visit this place does anyone know? would be extremely grateful for ANY information.

Thanking-you in anticipation

Pam

The Blashill/Blashel Family is a one family name so all are related. My experience is that only descendants of the Blashills carried the Family name as a given name. Generally speaking it is a male Grandchild that would carry the name.

I'm very familiar with the Blashills and have been doing a lot of work here. However, I'm not familiar with Jonathan Fosterb and Mary Blashell If you can provide additional information on this couple, or in more detail, I'll see what I can come up with.

Britt Nichols

pammelie
25-09-2005, 9:30 PM
Hi Britt,

Thanks a lot for your reply,but that is all I know personally about them,born in Kingston-upon-Hull 1644 and probably Quakers.They had a grandson Blashell Foster b.c.1700 also g g grandson same name and one relative very much later c.1862 Henry Blashell Foster.

Thanks for trying to help much appreciated.

Pam

lesley p
10-01-2006, 3:06 PM
Hi Pam

Don't know if this will help, but Pevsner's book titled 'The Buildins of England - Yorkshire : York and the east Riding' describes Bewick Hall as ' 3/4 miles northwest of Aldbrough. A brick and slate farmhouse with a datestone of 1636 and retaining some internal timbers of this period. A rear wing was added in 1788 and the main block remodelled in the early C19.'
This book was first published in 1972, so I strongly suspect that it is still standing.

Best wishes

Lesley

Jean eyles
10-07-2023, 9:28 AM
Hi Britt. Hope you are the guy I corresponded with years ago. Still working on the Blashiils.

christanel
10-07-2023, 8:08 PM
Welcome to the Brit-Gen forums Jean. Unfortunately all the posters on this thread are no longer members of Brit-Gen ('Guest' under their avatars) and this means we do not have any contact information for them which in turn means they will not receive notifcation of your post.
Now that you have joined us and if you need help with the Blashill family you could start a post of your own and I am sure that our friendly and helpful members will see if they can find any new information for you.
Christina