PDA

View Full Version : How to post a new query

Gypsyrose51
03-01-2013, 12:05 PM
On home page I went to FAQ and was told to go to a board and choose etc, but where do I find the boards?

LittleSpark
03-01-2013, 12:13 PM
At the bottom of this page you will see a blue bar - click on Archive. This brings up ALL boards on Brit-Gen.
So if for example you have a Brickwall query (under Family History) click on that.
Next click on View Full Version and under Announcement you will see Post New Thread.
This works on all boards - just find the one you're interested in.

Sheila

Peter Goodey
03-01-2013, 1:21 PM
On home page I went to FAQ and was told to go to a board and choose etc, but where do I find the boards?

Towards the top of this page you'll see the words "Forum Finding Your Feet on the Brit-Gen Forums Problems Navigating Brit-Gen? How to post a new query"

Click on the word "Forum" and scroll down

Ladkyis
04-01-2013, 9:05 AM
This is a board. This thread that you started is on a board - it is called that because the original web thingies were called notice-boards.
So you have found a board and posted a message - you are as expert as any one of us now, honestly.

All the other "boards" are in the same list on the same page you found this one. If in doubt click on the word forum at the top by the tree trunk, then scroll down and look at the list. You can open and close the various sections by clicking on the funny arrow on the right-hand side of the section title bar.

I hope this helps

Ladkyis

fullscott
04-01-2013, 10:00 AM
At the bottom of this page you will see a blue bar - click on Archive. This brings up ALL boards on Brit-Gen.
So if for example you have a Brickwall query (under Family History) click on that.
Next click on View Full Version and under Announcement you will see Post New Thread.
This works on all boards - just find the one you're interested in.

Sheila

Thank you for this, Sheila.
At last, I understand how to find the board I want to post to!

Jane

sueannbowen
04-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Thank you for this, Sheila.
At last, I understand how to find the board I want to post to!

Jane

:clap:
Ha! and now we are waiting to see which one and what :smilewinkgrin:

Gypsyrose51
04-01-2013, 12:59 PM
Wonderful. Thankyou. Easy when you know how.

Janita