PDA

View Full Version : Look up, Hartwell, Northants 1987 please

Helen G
16-12-2012, 12:51 PM
I am trying to remember the name of a lady that I used to know back in the late 1980's. In 1987 she and her husband had a litle business called P's&Q's Craft Supplies which they ran from thir home in Park Road, Hartwell, Northants NN7 2HP. I have the house number but I don't want to post it on line and therefore put it in the public domain.

She and her husband were both over 60, he developed dementia and I do not suppose either of them are still alive now. She taught me to do patchwork and I would like to commemorate her help by embroidering her name onto a quilt I am making.

I have tried contacting anyone and everyone who might remember her name with no luck and may of them have died too. It is very frustrating! Of course I could drive the 3 hours each way, up to Northampton and look up the address in the electoral role but at this time of year, with the weather so bad and the roads so crowded I was wondering if anyone out there could help me and save me the trip.

Of course, you will need the house number to be able to help but I can give you that once I have found someone who can do the look up.

many thanks for taking the time to read this
Helen

Pam Downes
16-12-2012, 2:17 PM
Hi Helen, and welcome to the Brit-Gen forum. |wave|

You have the opposite problem to most of us, as we know the names but not where they lived. :smile5:
But this might work in your favour.
Googling brings up the information that Hartwell is in South Northamptonshire local government district, and the council offices are in Towcester. Rummage for their phone number and then ask where they hold the electoral rolls for 1987, and the contact email/phone number for that office.
Explain what you've explained to us, and it really shouldn't take them more than five minutes to locate the relevant roll and name because the rolls are filed by town, polling ward, street name, not an alpha list of surnames.

Pam