PDA

View Full Version : thomas adams

caubeen
31-10-2012, 12:26 AM
I am hoping that someone on here can help me ? I need the the full date of birth of my uncle Thomas Adams. he was born in belfast in 1906, Ashdale st was his place of residence.I checked the 1911 census but it just gives him as aged 5 .hopefully someone here can help me many thanks caubeen

arthurk
31-10-2012, 4:12 PM
With 20th century records you can often only find an exact date of birth by purchasing a copy of the birth certificate. For pre-1922 Northern Ireland the most economical way to do this is to order it from the General Register Office of the Republic of Ireland (http://www.groireland.ie/). They allow the option of ordering a photocopy at 6 euros rather than a full certified copy of a birth entry for 10 euros - and if you can provide index references they'll sometimes reduce that to 4 euros.

The Irish Civil Registration indexes are available to search at FamilySearch (www.familysearch.org) - this shows two Thomas Adams born in Belfast in the September quarter of 1906, but as they wouldn't have reached 5 years old by the date of the 1911 Census (2-3 April) (unless their births had been registered late), you might also want to consider Thomas Arthur Adams in the December quarter of 1905. With this uncertainty you may need to order the entry without giving a reference, but quoting the parents' names as something to check against.

It's sometimes possible to find an exact date of birth in a baptism entry, but by no means all of them are online, especially for the 20th century, and in my experience there are very few of any period for Northern Ireland. You'd also need to know where the baptism took place, which in a city the size of Belfast isn't always easy to work out.

Another possible source of information might be if he died in England or Wales after 1966, when the death indexes started including full dates of birth - but that only works if the informant had the correct information to start with.

So all in all, the birth registration is going to be the most reliable way to find out.

Arthur

caubeen
31-10-2012, 7:02 PM
thanks arthur,lots of good info you sent me. caubeen

mcnally123
31-03-2013, 12:47 AM
hi my name is julieann from belfast i have info on ur james pinisi plz reply i would love to chat about this

caubeen
01-04-2013, 1:09 PM
hi julie ann just answering your request what was your james pinisi's wife's name?

mcnally123
01-04-2013, 3:08 PM
Hi ya my james pinisi was born on sea around 1823 he died in the belfast workhouse now the belfast city hospital on 19th feb 1908 i have a copy of his death cert. which states he was widowed by this stage he was 87 years old he was a tailor and his address was 21 samuel street his son william of 27 getty street was present at his death, in 1901 he resided at 4 millfield street belfast, our pinisi family tree goes bk to 1860 one james pinisi born about 1821 and married eliza mc donnell in church of st patrick ballycastle we are trying to see if there is a italian connection as so the story goes, my husbands grandfathers mum was elizabeth pinisi who married john mc nally, do you have any other info on your james pinisi

caubeen
01-04-2013, 3:40 PM
my great grandfather james ponise was born at sea,his daughter mary anne married my grandfather samuel adams

caubeen
01-04-2013, 3:46 PM
I guess your husband an me are related,i will have to go into another forum as most of my data in it are you a member of a forum called rootschat?

mcnally123
01-04-2013, 3:50 PM
no to be honest i just goggled james pinisi which threw up this site because of you query on james pinisi do you believe the family to be italian? i will go and try log onto rootschat.

caubeen
01-04-2013, 6:32 PM
no to be honest i just goggled james pinisi which threw up this site because of you query on james pinisi do you believe the family to be italian? i will go and try log onto rootschat.

hi julieann you or your husband can get me at at my gmail

caubeen
01-04-2013, 11:45 PM
hi julie ann just answering your request what was your james pinisi's wife's name?

It is the Same as your James. Her name was Eliza Mc Donnell born in Ballycastle. Do you know how many children they had and their names? Daughter Mary Anne Ponise/Pinisi married my Grandfather Samuel Adams. They had 4 children that survived out of 10, one of whom was my Mother Harriet Adams. When I was a child my Mother had a large picture of her mother. Everything about that picture suggested that she was Italian, and my mother confirmed that she was Italian descent. So I think that we are related. My grandmother Mary must have had a sister Elizabeth who married your John McNally.

mcnally123
02-04-2013, 3:15 PM
hi its julieann sorri i was working last nite thats why i couldnt reply, yeah my e.mail is [email protected] would love to chat some more bout the connection as would my husband. talk soon.

mcnally123
02-04-2013, 3:24 PM
hi yes i have some info on their children but i will contact the guy that is putting the family tree together and ask him to look further into james children and wife etc as he was widowed at his time of death, send me any info that you have and if you like i will call to the irish news archives which was the local paper at the time and check out the death notices i can scan it and send to you

mcnally123
02-04-2013, 3:29 PM
our family tree streches back until 1860 where a james pinisi orginally married an eliza mc donnell on the 12th feb. they went on to have 9 children 6 girls and 3 boys all of their baptisms are recorded in the parish of ramoan in ballycastle all of the copies are held in the gro in belfast on micrefilm under a reference num MIC/1D/72 and thats where it all begins

mcnally123
02-04-2013, 3:45 PM
hi again sorri if i am being a nusiance i will have a copy of james death cert in a few days i will scan and e mail u a copy. we have a copy of the 1911 cenus that says 31 yr old harriet pinisi lived at samuel street belfast having been married 17 years with 5 of their 10 children 5 having died before 1911, 15 yr old mary anne, 14 year old henry, 12 year old lizzie, 9 year old hugh and 4 year old joesph only thing is it says her husband was 40 year old joesph o neil, i think we need to get the timeline correct as this could also just be a decendant

caubeen
02-04-2013, 5:12 PM
hi 123, you are no way a nusiance in fact its just great to hear from you and you already have a wealth of information.much more than me I only started my research a few months ago,and had very little to go on so its really great hearing from you. I guess thats where my mother got the name Harriet from,seeing there was a harriet pinisi.