PDA

View Full Version : G'Day! A newbie here :-)

Cas60
29-07-2005, 1:20 AM
Hi!

I'm Carole from Toowoomba, Queensland Australia but originally from Filey, although I have to admit that I haven't been back there since I left in 1970 (when I was kneehigh to a grasshopper)!

Anyway..I'm trying to find some people for my family tree unless my brother & I are really the last of my family to exist & I doubt that!
names I am researching are:
Malcolm SCAIFE born 1936 (my Dad) to Nora SCAIFE & ????.
Nora went on to marry George STORK in 1943 & I believe he had a brother Jack.
Nora & George had a daughter also Rita, who is my Aunt.

I think Nora's mother eventually married and became a Lawty.
They come from the area around Filey/Hunmanby.

Very sketchy I know but my Grandmother didn't like talking about her family when she was alive and she passed away last month, which makes my task even harder :-(. I really would love to know more about my Dad & my Grandparents and their families.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx

Diane Grant-Salmon
29-07-2005, 10:44 AM
Hi Carole and welcome to the Forums, from one Yorksher Lass to another! :D
I assume from what you say, that you don't have your Dad's birth certificate, so you could register for free at 1837 online.

and then search the year 1936 for births, looking for your Dad's name and the area where he was born (if you know that?)

This is not a free site to search, but it will give you the Ref. Number so that you can order the birth certificate. This will give you the name of his Father, plus occupation and Nora's maiden name.