PDA

View Full Version : Electoral Rolls 1911 +

valg
05-09-2012, 5:44 AM
Is it possible to find out if somebody was at the same address as they were on the 1911 census in electoral roles post 1911.
Trying to find out if my G Grandad was still at this address after 1911.
William Jackson.
In 1911 he was at 38 King St Bury Lancs
Would any member have access to that info?
Cheers Val

valg
07-09-2012, 12:46 AM
Bumping up

Waitabit
07-09-2012, 4:09 AM
Valg Have you tried the local Library in Bury? they are bound to have some directories which may have your gt.G'Dads names in, with even better luck, they may hold the electoral rolls.
Just checked they have directories up to 1964 & newspaper Bury guardian to 1935. You may haveto pay for a person to look into those.

Their page has a Family History section & a contact us form to ask information. I've found most Libraries to be the absolute best help every where.
Good luck, I chose the wrong council to contact, they are very busy or don't handle queries nor replies.

www.bury.gov.uk/libraries

valg
07-09-2012, 4:47 AM
Valg Have you tried the local Library in Bury? they are bound to have some directories which may have your gt.G'Dads names in, with even better luck, they may hold the electoral rolls.
Just checked they have directories up to 1964 & newspaper Bury guardian to 1935. You may haveto pay for a person to look into those.

Their page has a Family History section & a contact us form to ask information. I've found most Libraries to be the absolute best help every where.
Good luck, I chose the wrong council to contact, they are very busy or don't handle queries nor replies.

www.bury.gov.uk/libraries

Thanks for that worth a try!