PDA

View Full Version : Contacts querie

terrysfamily
30-06-2012, 7:55 PM
This doen't effect me now, thank goodness, as I just remembered that I had added my new cousin from Canada to my contacts list.

But say for example you haven't added them to your contacts list;

You have someone register on the forum but they don't post to the forum.

They contact you through PM.

A few days later your PM box becomes full so you downlaod it as a text file or whatever and empty your PM's

How then can you access the persons profile to send them a PM?

I usually do a search on the persons name and it shows posts from them. I go to their profile and PM them.

But doing a search for a name and they haven't posted to the forum doesn't bring up anything.

Or am I missing something really simple here?

Terry

Nicolina
30-06-2012, 8:07 PM
if their name shows on your incoming message, just click on that. It should bring up their profile

terrysfamily
30-06-2012, 8:13 PM
That's where the problem lies. If you haven't received another message after emtying your PM's then then you don't have a name to click on.

Jan1954
30-06-2012, 8:13 PM
Hi Terry,

This should work:

Click on Notifications in the blue bar at the top
> Inbox

Over on the left under My Messages, click on Send New Message

Once you have typed the first 3 characters of the member's name in the Recipient Users box, a drop-down list appears that shows all members starting with those 3 characters. To reduce the list, just pop the first 4 characters in. For example, if you put Jan1 in the box, my user name comes up - along with 3 others.

I hope that this all makes sense, but yell if you still have problems. :smile5:

terrysfamily
30-06-2012, 8:16 PM
You little gem Jan, That works just fine. It's also easier than having to find posts by someone and going into their profile.

Brilliant.

Terry

Jan1954
30-06-2012, 8:19 PM
You're welcome. http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee187/Jan_07/curtsey.gif

terrysfamily
30-06-2012, 8:22 PM
You're welcome. http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee187/Jan_07/curtsey.gif
that smiley made me :smilielol5: