PDA

View Full Version : Searching Leeds

Denmark
21-07-2005, 7:07 AM
Can anyone help me please. I am trying to find my husbands ancestors. We know his grandfather Arthur BROWN married Agnes Mabel Kenney in Swansea in 1903 then moved to Leeds for the birth of their son Arthur Baron Brown, my father in law. On the marriage certificate for Arthur and Mabel, Arthur gives his father as Walter Henry Brown of Independent Means. I have been chasing all over America because I did find a WH Brown in New Jersey, ex UK,on the 1880 census, and they appear on the 1891 census back in Bath with a son Arthur born NJ, and on the 1901 there is an Arthur Brown born in New Jersey. Everything keeps coming back to Leeds where we come from, and I have discovered a Walter Henry Brown, publican in Leeds, born Leeds. This Walter died in Leeds 1907. I am trying to tie an Arthur to this Walter or any other Walter Henry Brown. I did find a George Baron Brown born in Leeds in 1831, and as my father in laws middle name is Baron, I wondered if this was a relative. Having Brown as a surname can prove to be very frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.