PDA

View Full Version : Theodore Frederick Retchford

Johnhurtado
18-07-2005, 7:33 AM
Hi Everybody,

I've been doing some investigation about my English line. My Great grandfather Theodore Retchford was born in Redditch, Worcester(1880) and then moved to Winchcombe (St Peter?) around 1901 the same time when his Father, Mother, brother and sister moved to Glamorgan, Wales. Now I found out that he was staying as a boarder at the Smith Family and working as a correspondent... That's about all I know. My family knows that he lived in India for a while and later immigrated to Chile where he settled down.

If someone could give me more information please.. I'm having a hard time finding out whether we still have some relatives and I'd like to know if there's anything out there like old family pictures, heirlooms, property.. My great granddad never collected a Will or went back to England for that matter..

Thank you very much beforehand

John

k0065126
18-07-2005, 11:31 PM
In 1891 he was visiting a family of Alfred Partridge, an artist, in Aldershot, no other Retchfords in Aldershot. (This Theodore was born in Redditch in 1863 and was a journalist.)

I can only see another 6 Retchfords listed in the 1891 census, most living in Redditch. Possibly Ancestry, or the enumerator, has mistranscribed the surname as there are more in the 1881 and earlier censuses.

In 1901 he lived in Clerkenwell, London and worked as a printer, but his place of birth had changed to Ipsley in Warwickshire.

The Theodore Frederick Retchford born in 1880 in Redditch does not appear in later censuses, but he could just have managed to avoid being counted.

If you would like more details of the other Theodore I can supply them.

Viv
Mon 1871 co-ordinator for FreeCEN, free census indexes for all