PDA

View Full Version : canal boatmen and women

kmt1234
11-02-2012, 12:13 PM
hi all, all of my family were canal boatmen and women, i have been researching for over 15 years now and have quite a few families in my tree, some names are harrison holt/hoult,skinner,tonks,ward,wood,humphrey's humphries, and diggory, quite a few more if anyone needs help i will happily try and help you with your travelling family

kmt:hurray:

albertbarratt
20-02-2014, 11:36 AM
Hi My family were Canal boatmen from Wolverhampton the Barratt family sometimes Barrett, traced my family back to Richard and Catherine 1794-1842 the Barratt's stayed on the canal till about 1890s then john Barratt left after losing 2 sons to the canal .the family stayed in around ettingshall and cosely till about 1900 then moved to chesterfield Derbyshire .

Jane Ward
21-04-2023, 11:37 AM
Hi - just joined this site and read your post. I am researching my family - WARD - who were canal boatmen for 4 generations, back to my grandfather x3 George Fellows Ward - born abt: 1795 Bewdley Staffordshire. They operated in and around the Staffordshire, Shropshire, Worcestershire areas. I am having difficulty finding his parents - can you help or advise. Also any info you have relating to the Ward family would be very much appreciated. Look forward to hearing from you.

Pam Downes
21-09-2023, 2:43 PM
Hello Jane,

Welcome to British-Genealogy. :smile5:

Unfortunately both of the previous posters in this thread are no longer forum members - as denoted by 'guest' under their usernames.

For anyone who might be able to help Jane, please see her own thread re the Ward family and post your replies there.
https://www.british-genealogy.com/forum/threads/96736-Canal-boat-family-WARD-Staffordshire