PDA

View Full Version : Ethel Clara A Covell married Sept quarter 1901, Smallburgh RD

PatMac
14-07-2005, 2:53 PM
I have located the marriage registration of the above young lady , only to find that she married either a George Elliott OR a Benjamin Turner.

Does anyone know of a way to find out which man she married, other than ordering up the marriage record, (of course) ? I'm hoping I might find someone out there who has Ethel as an ancestor, and has this information.

She was the eldest daughter of Frederick Covell, born @ 1852 in North Walsham, and Alice Mary Abel. Her birth was registered September quarter 1879, in Erpingham RD. I believe she was actually born in Sustead, from census records.

I'd be willing to trade information on this branch of the Norfolk Covell family with someone who has information on her husband and children, if any.

Thanks in advance.

Pat Mac

Geoffers
14-07-2005, 4:24 PM
I have located the marriage registration of the above young lady , only to find that she married either a George Elliott OR a Benjamin Turner.......I'm hoping I might find someone out there who has Ethel as an ancestor, and has this information.

You might try the Norfolk surnames list
http://freespace.virgin.net/isabel.easter/Norfolk/SurnamesC.htm
or the NFHS library which holds a collection of members family trees.

Have you located her in the 1901 census? Is there a Ben Turner or George Elliott living in the same/adjoining parish? It won't give you a definite answer, but may suggest which she married.

Other than that - without knowing the church - it's a case of ordering the certificate.

Geoffers

PatMac
19-07-2005, 6:53 PM
You might try the Norfolk surnames list
http://freespace.virgin.net/isabel.easter/Norfolk/SurnamesC.htm
or the NFHS library which holds a collection of members family trees.

Have you located her in the 1901 census? Is there a Ben Turner or George Elliott living in the same/adjoining parish? It won't give you a definite answer, but may suggest which she married.

Other than that - without knowing the church - it's a case of ordering the certificate.

Geoffers
Thanks for the URL, Geoffers. I'd totally forgotten about that site, but will certainly start using it again!

PatMac