PDA

View Full Version : West Ham Cemetery burials online

Kerrywood
28-01-2012, 5:50 PM
Burials at West Ham Cemetery (opened 1857) are now available at Deceased Online.
www.
deceasedonline.com

The index, which includes dates of burial, is free. Images of the registers are pay-per-view.

EDIT: Apologies, I've now read the small print:
Note that only the index records are available, and not the full burial register records, as regrettably these were irrecoverably damaged due to flooding.

Still, better than nothing. :smile5:

Mutley
28-01-2012, 11:03 PM
I have just checked and typed in my surname, not that I thought I would really find anyone.
Low and behold there is a close relative, I am sure it is her, the name, date and area agree though I did not think she was cremated in that area. :confused5:

OK, tis £1.50 to buy the credits, I'll go for it but quoting from the site I am told....

In all cases the image may be subject to masking depending on local authority requirements. On images relating to records less than 75 years old, the following information will be masked:

Applicant Name, Applicant Address,
Other references to potenially living people
Death registration number, date and district
Funeral director

Anyone tried it, to find out what actual information we are given other than name, date and cemetery?

Kerrywood
28-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Local authorities have imposed different restrictions on the release of information.

In case it helps, I have one cremation record from this site dating from 1995, which gives me the following information (but I don't know how typical it is):

Cremation Register Details
[Local] Authority
Cremation date
Register number
Last name
First names
Denomination
Occupation
Registration District
Sub-District
Entry date
Entry number