PDA

View Full Version : Samson Johns and Rose Lockyer

LilyAllenFan86
15-10-2011, 1:56 AM
I am the great, great Granddaughter of Samson John(s) Senior and his wife Rose Lockyer, from their eldest daughter Elizabeth 'Lizzie' Johns and am interested in hearing from anyone descended from them or related to them in any way.
Samson Senior had been born in July 5th 1857 in Garndiffaith, Abersychan as one of seven children born to coal miner David John of Tenby and Martha Edwards of Trevethin, Samson died in the Varteg on November 24th 1914, he had worked as a coal miner his entire working life from the age of fourteen when he joined his Grandfather William and Father David down the pits.
Rose Lockyer had been born in Clutton, Somerset on February 10th 1860 the youngest of seven children to coal miner Samuel Lockyer and his wife Elizabeth Challenger, Rose died in the Varteg on June 29th 1926, they had been married since December 20th 1884, when they were married in Varteg.
Samson and Rose had a total of ten children two however Frederick and Rose who were twins and were born in Varteg on July 1st 1896 sadly died the same day, their other children were David 'Dai' Samuel Johnswho had married a woman named Thelma and in about the 1920's had emigrated to Ontario in Canada where he had apparentley either owned or was the manager of a factory there that made ladies tights, they had no children and he died in Algoma in 1964, then in 1887 came Abraham James John who I know very little about only that he married a lady named Charlotte, William Edward John born in 1889, he had died in Abersychan in 1946 who I know nothing about but believe that he never married and died a bachelor, Elizabeth 'Lizzie' in 1891 who would marry twice firstly to my great Grandfather William Harrison and had three children all of whom have now sadly passed away including my Grandmother Freda, then in abt 1944 she married a widower from London named William John Knight she sadly died in 1957, Martha 'Pat' in 1893, who married a man named Mr Vaughan his first name is unknown to me right now but he died very early in their marriage I am told and she never remarried and so she had no children, Samson Junior was born in 1895 and died in 1955, he never had any children but he did marry a woman named Elizabeth Williams, Arthur born in 1899 and died in 1978, where is unknown to be but I believe he married an Elizabeth Powell and finally Stanley Reginald born in 1905 and I believe died in Greater London in 1976, he married a woman named Rosetta Williams and believe they had children but do not know for sure, I also believe that he may have lived and worked for a time in Liverpool in either the police force or fire brigade.

Would be glad to hear from anyone connected to this family.
Kind Regards
Beth