PDA

View Full Version : William WHITBREAD 1668 Cardington

Jack Ruffin
10-07-2011, 6:46 AM
HI! I’m following my family into Bedfordshire and need details about these 3 people.
I was wondering if someone in Bedfordshire could please look to see if they can find information on them in the shire?
1668 February 14 christening of William WHITBREAD in Cardington Bedford
I need to know about his life/wife & especially children and where he lived.
Parents William WHITBREAD and Lettice of Cardington Bedford

1697 October 1 Christening of Elizabeth WHITBREAD in Eversholt, Bedford, England, Parents: William WHITBREAD and Elizabeth - Her life and family of origin

1698 March 28 Christening of Jeremiah RUFFHEAD ( RUFFOOT) in Millbrook, Bedford, England Parents: Thomas RUFFOOT
Another source suggests his father’s name is -Richard RUFFHEAD/RUFUT/RUFOT –any family information

1721 Jeremiah RUFFHEAD married Elizabeth WHITBREAD (both of Luton) at Caddington, Bedfordshire on 15 July 1721

Coromandel
10-07-2011, 9:07 AM
Hi Jack

Have you made contact with Steven Whitebread? He's doing a One-Name Study on the Whit(e)breads:

http://www.
one-name.org/profiles/whitebread.html

There's also a lot of useful info in the online catalogue of the Bedfordshire & Luton Archives at

http://
blars.adlibsoft.com/

You may well already have discovered this, since the search results come up in Google searches. In case you haven't, though, here's a summary of one catalogue entry:

WB/Green4/1/Lu/CS2/5

Feoffment, 17 January 1746/7 of property in Castle Street, Luton (more detail is given in the catalogue).
The parties were
(i) 'William Whitebread of Luton, victualler'
(ii) 'Thomas Ruffhead of Markyate Street ["Markett Sell"], Caddington [Hertfordshire], grandson of William Whitebread

janbooth
10-07-2011, 10:06 AM
The National Archives Documents Online website has several WHITBREAD wills that you may be interested in including those of a Henry WHITBREAD of Cardington in 1728, a Lettice WHITBREAD of Whitechapel in 1722, an Elizabeth WHITBREAD, widow, of Bedford in 1747. They are downloadable online for £3.50 each.

Janet

Jack Ruffin
11-07-2011, 1:59 AM
Thanks for the information. I have seen these. My problem is I suppose is that I know Elizabeth's father is William. I'm trying to find the right William. Thanks again and yes I will look up Steven Whitbread.

Jack Ruffin
11-07-2011, 2:03 AM
Thanks Janet, I have seen parts of Elizabeth's will and I will try the others.
Thanks again
Regards Jack