PDA

View Full Version : POTTER - Banbury, Birmingham, Shipston

chopendoz
01-05-2011, 1:17 PM
I am researching the POTTER family that seem to have originated in the Cotswolds, Oxfordshire and eventually to Birmingham. They were predominately tailors until the 1840's. Please contact me for more information.

bonelady
24-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Hi My mothers name was Potter, born in Cheltenham and appear from my research to have stayed there, the few I can find an occupation for were labourers but Potters are like Smiths so could be related or not, what do you think.

chopendoz
24-05-2011, 1:55 PM
Hi My mothers name was Potter, born in Cheltenham and appear from my research to have stayed there, the few I can find an occupation for were labourers but Potters are like Smiths so could be related or not, what do you think.

My POTTERs do not seem to have ventured further west than Shipston. The POTTERs that lived further west seem to be mostly farmers - and not related to my branch.

bonelady
25-05-2011, 5:22 AM
ok, good luck with your query. bonelady

Borogirl
27-08-2015, 6:20 PM
hi
my Grandmother's maiden name was Potter. She died in 1946 aged 42 yrs. Her father was Calthorpe and his family originally came from Banbury, Oxfordshire. I live in Middlesbrough which is where Calthorpe's father Richard moved to.