PDA

View Full Version : George Lines Andrews

winnie
18-06-2005, 1:11 PM
I have found my G.Grandfather George Lines Andrews and according to the LDS FAMILY SEARCH he was christened on the 27 December 1813 at St James Westminster. Unfortunately all that is shown is his father WILLIAM ANDREWS and wife ANN. As there were a number of William Andrews in that area around that time how can I found out which William Andrews is mine when it is only showing a first name for his wife. Is there anywhere else that I can look as I would like to go further back if possible. Thanks to anyone that can assist me with this puzzle.
Woinnie Sydney Australia

WaltonAus
16-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Hello Woinnie, Looking on LDS I found the following.

Elizabeth Hobins <Andrews>
Ch: 18 JUN 1809 St James, Westminster, London
Father: William Andrews
Mother: Ann

Source Information:
Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type:
C320514 1807 - 1812 1042309 Film NONE
*I'm not sure where Paddington is in relation to Westminster?

JAMES GILLMAN ANDREWS
B: 06 MAY 1811
Ch: 16 JUN 1811 Saint James, Paddington, London
Father: WILLIAM ANDREWS
Mother: ANN

Source Information:
C079031 1655 - 1826 0579296 Film 6900935 Film
*using the middle names of the 3 children I found the following.

Ann <Lyne>
Ch: 29 OCT 1766 St James, Westminster, London
Father: Thomas Lyne
Mother: Mary

Source Information:
C135513 Film
Ann Hobins returned 2 results & Ann Gillman returned 1 but there were none in Westminster so it seemed most likely (if my thinking is correct) that Ann was a Lines/Lyne .

Good luck and I hope it helps.

Kind Regards
Peter Euston.

Mary & Keith
17-10-2007, 6:59 PM
George Lines Andrews is also one of our direct ancestors being Mary's great great grandfather. Although we have the family history going forward, we too are having some difficulty finding the elusive Ann. We think it might be Ann Taylor as we have found a parish record of a marriage between her and William Andrews on 16th August 1810 in Marylebone, London. However we are trying to establish whether this is the correct couple. If we find out more, we will post the details.

Our line is Georges son Richard, his son Ernest Robert and his son Stanley, who was Mary's father. May we ask which branch of the family you are connected with?

Regards,

Mary & Keith