PDA

View Full Version : Chancery Notices Andrews Newspaper Index card

burgerbern
07-04-2011, 12:18 PM
I came across an Andrews newspaper cards record for one of my wifes ancestors, it reads as follows

Druce, Edward Tredway
Baptised 1.12.1830
Chancery Notice LG2.7.1948 (the LG2 may be 4G2)
Chancery Notice DI5.7.1948 (the DI5 may be DT5)
See Druce Jessie

the card enabled me to find the marriage 2nd qtr 1858 to Jessie Tyre at Westminster St Margaret, Westminster, London (its one of those on ancestry where the two records are not referenced to each other properly).

but i am curious as to what the Chancery records referred to on the card are about as if the last bits are the date then this must be after their deaths,

i have tried inputting the record references in at the search engine on the National Archives website to no avail, and have also inputted his name with no result, looked at london Lives site but this is to late for them, any ideas?.

Kerrywood
07-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Chancery Notice LG2.7.1948 (the LG2 may be 4G2)
Chancery Notice DI5.7.1948 (the DI5 may be DT5)
These references indicate the dates of Notices published in the London Gazette (LG, 2 July 1948) and Daily Telegraph (DT, 5 July 1948).

There are also other references to Jessie DRUCE amongst the Andrews' Newspaper Index Cards.

If you search the London Gazette online for Edward Tredway Druce you'll find plenty more information.

www.
gazettes-online.co.uk/AdvancedSearch.aspx?geotype=London

It would appear to relate to an inheritance dispute (ref. Pembroke v. Pembroke 1936 D1838), which probably arose after the death of Jessie DRUCE in 1935. According to the National Probate Calendar, administration of her estate was granted on 24 December 1935 to Emily PEMBROKE, spinster.

Civil court hearings for this period are not individually name-indexed in TNA's online catalogue. So unless you can find a published report of the case, you'll probably need to go to Kew to pursue it, or have someone visit on your behalf.

burgerbern
07-04-2011, 1:39 PM
Thanks for that, now i know what those references relate to i will be able to look for them better in future, as an aside i just found another which ties into the dispute its for his brother Henry born and died in 1829 again those references and the jessie mention.

strangely Emily Pembroke has cropped up in the tree before, in May 1915 another of the brothers died Thomas Druce and the recipients of the £2200 inheritance were Sydney Pembroke gentleman and Emily Pembroke spinster