PDA

View Full Version : New Posts query

busyglen
17-06-2005, 12:17 PM
Hi Rod,

Is there any way of looking back on a day's new posts once you have gone into the list and have logged out without reading them all? I suspect that I know the answer, but thought I would ask. :)

It would be nice if there was a page of day's listings similar to the old list pages, but I guess, by the current layout, this isn't possible. I am sure that I'm not the only one who misses something by accident. :(

I get really annoyed when my eye catches something that I want to read, but before I get the chance, someone comes to the door, or I have to sign off briefly for one reason or another. Of course, when I go back again, the list has gone, and if I don't remember where the thread was, I miss it. |rant|

Glenys

Rod Neep
17-06-2005, 1:03 PM
There isn't any way of doing that.

If there is a specific post that you were looking for, then you can do a "seach", and it is also possible under "advanced search" to search within the last day's messages.

Regards
Rod

Geoffers
17-06-2005, 1:29 PM
Is there any way of looking back on a day's new posts once you have gone into the list and have logged out without reading them all?
If you log out and then come back to the forums - before you sign in - select 'Today's Post'. You'll get everything from the last 24 hours. When you sign in, this list will still be displayed.

Having writtne that, I'm unable to at the moment as the system hasn't let me log out for several days now.

Geoffers

AnnB
17-06-2005, 2:16 PM
If you log out and then come back to the forums - before you sign in - select 'Today's Post'. You'll get everything from the last 24 hours. When you sign in, this list will still be displayed.
Geoffers
That's what I do, and have just done it, so it's still working for me, but I find for this trick to work I can't simply come straight back to the forums, I have to go elsewhere before I come back, otherwise I am still recognised (and if you understand that........ :confused: )
Best wishes
Ann

Patrisia
17-06-2005, 3:28 PM
I must confess I stay logged on and check the new posts very frequently, just in case I miss something - probably just nosy ;)

Though if I am away and log off, then nothing gets done when I get back, until I have checked all the postings - addiction or what!

busyglen
17-06-2005, 6:12 PM
Thanks Rod....I suspected that. I have done a `search' before but couldn't find what I was looking for...I probably didn't get the info right.

Never mind, I will have to take more care and leave my pc on if I am interrupted. ;)

Glenys

busyglen
17-06-2005, 6:15 PM
Actually, now you mention it Geoffers, I have done that some time in the past, but I stopped logging in and out to save time. I guess it's a no win situation. :)

Sorry everyone...I have just looked at the thread, and it looks as if I am drunk! I should have quoted each message, instead of threading. Put it down to the extreme heat!!!

Glenys

busyglen
17-06-2005, 6:17 PM
It's ok Ann, I understand what you mean, and if `I' can, anyone else will as well. ;)

Glenys

busyglen
17-06-2005, 6:19 PM
I must confess I stay logged on and check the new posts very frequently, just in case I miss something - probably just nosy ;)

Though if I am away and log off, then nothing gets done when I get back, until I have checked all the postings - addiction or what!

Unfortunately Patrisia I'm on `dial up' so can't stay on-line for too long, but hopefully in a few months, I will be going on Broadband. |woohoo|

Glenys

AnnB
17-06-2005, 7:00 PM
You won't regret it Glenys, I swore I wouldn't go down the Broadband road, didn't use the internet enough to warrant it (I said, trying to convince myself) but I succumbed, and haven't looked back :)
Best wishes
Ann