PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Herbert Saint John Outhwaite

pedritothegreat
05-03-2011, 3:51 PM
I woud be interested if anybody has information on Thomas Herbert St John Outhwaite born in 1908, he was a staff sergent, lived in Cambridge and his fathers name was Harold Nivien (or Niven) Saint John Outhwaite. He is my wifes father whom she never met due to the family break-up. He must have family out ther somewhere, can anyone help please?

olliecat
05-03-2011, 4:10 PM
Hi

There is this christening on family search ...

Thomas Herbert S. John Outhwaite
baptism/christening date: 11 Nov 1907
baptism/christening place: Dacca, Bengal, India
birth date: 13 Jul 1907
father's name: Harold Niven St. John Outhwaite
mother's name: Anne
record title: India Births and Baptisms, 1786-1947

There are also some sibling christenings as well as a christening for the father..

Harold Niven St. John Authwaite
baptism/christening date: 09 Oct 1878
baptism/christening place: Calcutta, Bengal, India
birth date: 11 Aug 1878
birthplace: Calcutta, Bengal, India
father's name: Henry James Authwaite
mother's name: Henrietta Jane
record title: India Births and Baptisms, 1786-1947

Is this the type of information you are after?

Peter Goodey
05-03-2011, 5:09 PM
Harold Niven St. J Outhwaite married Anna Lindberg at Narayanganj 1901-1905 [source: India Office Registry Office Marriage Index]

Please tell us what type of information you're looking for.

Lizzy9
05-03-2011, 5:11 PM
I can see a marriage for him in 4th qrt 1945, Cambridge, 3a/1335.

Also a possible daughter born Cambridge 1st qrt 1948, 4a/301.

Both are in Ancestry's BMD indexes. As these people may still be alive I have not mentioned their names.

Peter Goodey
05-03-2011, 5:16 PM
BTW just a bit of trivia really but is the surname St John (pronounced Sinjun) ever actually written "Saint John"? I've only ever seen St John. Anyone got an opinion?

olliecat
05-03-2011, 5:20 PM
As far as I can make out, Thomas H St J OUTHWAITE married in 1945 at Cambridge and there appears to have been one child from the marriage. It looks like his wife re-married in 1954, but I'm not certain.

Siblings of Thomas ...

Harold Allan St. John Outhwaite born 25 Nov 1905 at Narainganj, Bengal, India
Florence Vivienne Outhwaite born 15 Oct 1903 at Narainganj, Bengal, India
Wonder if there are more.

Florence Vivienne Outhwaite married Iva Herbert Jackman in 03 Feb 1926 at Dum Dum, Bengal, India

BTW just a bit of trivia really but is the surname St John (pronounced Sinjun) ever actually written "Saint John"? I've only ever seen St John. Anyone got an opinion?

Opinion? Not really Peter. :D The name is written as St. John on those christenings. I haven't come across Saint John either.

olliecat
05-03-2011, 5:57 PM
Well, it looks like there is a long line of Outhwaite's in India leading back to a John Outhwaite born abt 1816. I'll leave it though, as I suspect pedritothegreat wants information on more recent family. Now where did Thomas Herbert St John Outhwaite disappear to after the family break-up? With a name like his, he should be traceable, unless he changed it.

pedritothegreat
06-03-2011, 11:05 AM
Hi Lizzy, yes, the Daughter is my wife - she also has a brother born sept' 1946 and of course the marriage was to their mother Monica who died in 1996.

pedritothegreat
06-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Hi ollicat, how do you do it? It's wonderful information, thank you very much. We are wondering if Thomas ever remarried or has other children, his daughter born in the first quarter of 1948 is my wife. She never met Thomas and although many years have passed, it leaves a burning hole wondering if? is there? could there be? So, our question is: are there any other family members still living?

olliecat
06-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Hi again pedritothegreat

I thought you might be looking for recent family members and I can well understand your 'is there? could there be?' questions.
I must let you know that it is against the rules of this forum to post up the names of the potentially living; I am sure you can see the reasons for this. :D However, all is not lost since there is a 'private messaging system' on the forum that members can use if they have information for you on recent relatives.

There are a variety of ways that one can attempt to trace living relatives. If you need advice on this then you could create a new thread on how to trace living relatives and members will advise you on methods and sites you can use. For example, you could build a family tree and publish it to various online tree sites such as Genes Reunited, Ancestry etc, in the hope that living relatives came across it and contact you. It is possible that there are cousins are out there, waiting to be discovered

It is likely that Thomas Herbert St. John Outhwaite and his siblings are longer living, so it is fine to discuss them and their ancestors on this thread and perhaps more can be found out about them. :D

pedritothegreat
06-03-2011, 5:43 PM
Olliecat, I'm very sorry and yes, I can understand the reasons and I will try the private messaging system, I think we were a little over-excited.

olliecat
06-03-2011, 9:49 PM
Olliecat, I'm very sorry and yes, I can understand the reasons and I will try the private messaging system, I think we were a little over-excited.

I see you've figured out private messaging. No need to be sorry, different sites have different rules and you weren't to know. It's good to be excited. :smile5:

Lizzy9
07-03-2011, 12:51 AM
I will try the private messaging system, I think we were a little over-excited.

Thanks for your private message, if I find anything about possible living relatives I shall PM you.

Fingers crossed, there are some living relatives. Promise to try my best in tracing potentials.

K19teo
28-06-2013, 8:54 PM
Hi pedritothegreat, my name is Kate Outhwaite and I believe your wife is my dads sister. His fathers name was Thomas and he was born in India. Please get in touch

christanel
28-06-2013, 9:42 PM
Hello K19teo and welcome to Brit-Gen

pedritothegreat hasn't been on the forums since 2011 but if he still has the same email address he should receive notification of your post.

You could also try sending him a personal message (pm) if you wish. Just click on his user name then on private message. This method also depends on him having the same email address as in 2011.

Whatever happens please don't make this your only visit. Who knows genealogy could become your obsession too. :yesnod:

Christanel