PDA

View Full Version : White Lion, Castle Gresley

bagpuss
12-06-2005, 1:12 PM
Hello all,

I have recently discovered that a past relation of mine was landlord of the White Lion Public House in Castle Gresley. Pigots Commercial Directory of Derbyshire - 1835, has the following entry -

White Lion, Thos. Wilson, Castle Gresley.

Does anyone know if the White Lion still exists? I have done a search with no luck. If not may'be someone might know where it was and when it disappeared? Any information would be warmly received, or pointers as to how I might find out!

Regards
Sue

Linnet
13-06-2005, 5:13 PM
Hi

Hope this helps.

It appears to still exist as there is an article on the Burton Mail's website about an auction held there on Saturday night.

If you look at burton mail and search within the website you will see articles about a little girl called Paygan as the auction was to raise funds for her

Regards

Linnet

bagpuss
16-06-2005, 7:27 PM
Hi Linnet,

Great detective work - I hadn't managed to find it in the business listings.

Thanks very much.

fittodrop
21-07-2005, 8:18 PM
hi bagpuss yes the white lion does still exist i live just round the corner,so if i can be of any help please let me know .fittodrop i could take some phots if you wish take care for now

adrian else
06-03-2006, 9:15 AM
hi bagpuss yes the white lion does still exist and my next door neighbour daughter has just taken over as the tenent it run alongside the A444 ON MOUNT ROAD it only a small pub before mel who,s running it know it was i think the salts family and before that it was lynn and her husband who came from coranation street in swadlincote why i lived for a few years