PDA

View Full Version : Student Survival Kit

Nightryder
08-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Today was the first day back at school for my 9 year old Grandson after the long summer holidays,same school but new classroom & more important a new teacher, She gave every student a Survival kit which consisted of,
A cotton ball to remind you that this room is full of kind words & warm feelings.
A chocolate sparkle to remind you to bring happiness to others.
A Tissue to remind you to help dry someone's tears.
Bubble gum to remind you that we all stick together & help each other.
A Star to remind you to shine & always try your best.
A thread to remind you that friendship ties our hearts together.
A Mint & a coin to remind you that you are more valuable and precious than all the money ever made.
A toothpick to remind you to "pick out" the good qualities in your classmates.
A Band aid to heal hurt feelings in your friends & in yourself.
An eraser to remind you that we all make mistakes & that is ok.
A life saver( polo mint) to remind you that you can come to me if you need someone to talk to.
I thought this was fantastic & wanted to share it.

Sue Mackay
08-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Sounds like your grandson is in good hands!

Liane Hawes
08-02-2011, 1:40 PM
Cor wish our teachers had been that kind and thoughtful when I was at school. I have a feeling your grandson will be just fine.

Guy Etchells
08-02-2011, 7:56 PM
Student Survival Kit
Today was the first day back at school for my 9 year old Grandson after the long summer holidays,same school but new classroom & more important a new teacher, She gave every student a Survival kit which consisted of,
A cotton ball to remind you that this room is full of kind words & warm feelings.
A cotton ball to dip into the ink and flick across the classroom with a ruler.

A chocolate sparkle to remind you to bring happiness to others.
A chocolate sparkle to show that you’re the best.

A Tissue to remind you to help dry someone's tears.
A tissue to clean the evidence of ink from the ruler

Bubble gum to remind you that we all stick together & help each other.
Bubble gum to stick the desk lid down

A Star to remind you to shine & always try your best.
A star to trow across the room ninja style

A thread to remind you that friendship ties our hearts together.
A threar to tie the girl in front s hair to her chair

A Mint & a coin to remind you that you are more valuable and precious than all the money ever made.
A mint to disguise the smell of tobacco on your breath and a coin to buy more cigs.

A toothpick to remind you to "pick out" the good qualities in your classmates.
A toothpick to torture the wimp on the next desk

A Band aid to heal hurt feelings in your friends & in yourself.
A band aid in case things went too far

An eraser to remind you that we all make mistakes & that is ok.
An eraser to bite into pieces to flick

A life saver( polo mint) to remind you that you can come to me if you need someone to talk to.
A life saver to disguise the swig of booze.

Did I go to the wrong school? ;)
Cheers
Guy

Waitabit
08-02-2011, 8:42 PM
Did I go to the wrong school? Cheers Guy
With or withot the mints etc sounds like you grew up ok Guy!

Mutley
09-02-2011, 12:30 AM
Student Survival Kit

Did I go to the wrong school? ;)
Cheers
Guy

I must also have gone to the wrong school.
Our survival kit was,
learning to duck when the black board eraser flew across the room in your direction,
learning to count to ten and hold your breath when the ruler rapped your knuckles,
learning to think outside the box when you were standing in the corner with your hands on your head for hours,
learning to keep your mouth shut, only nodding or shaking head - Yes Miss or No Sir, as was appropriate,

and..... learning not to tell mum or dad of your punishments because of the double whammy effect. :smile5:

Ultramum
09-02-2011, 9:02 AM
learning to duck when the black board eraser flew across the room in your direction,

Our Maths teacher (Miss Campbell with a 'P'!) could still aim accurately whilst writing on the blackboard - she used the reflection in her glasses!

Sue Mackay
09-02-2011, 10:32 AM
In my day all teachers wore black gowns. I went to an "enlightened" girls' school that frowned on corporal punishment, but one teacher kept a tennis ball in both gown 'pockets'. If anyone came out with a cheeky remark she would wave her arms and ask "What was that?" Her hands would be nowhere near the miscreant, but the sides of the gown would shoot out and find an ear with unerring accuracy :smile:

Mutley
09-02-2011, 8:57 PM
Our Maths teacher (Miss Campbell with a 'P'!) could still aim accurately whilst writing on the blackboard - she used the reflection in her glasses!

My English teacher, Mr. Heathfield did the same,
it took me years to figure out how he did that. :smile5:

alfier
01-02-2012, 5:33 AM
Only the other day one of my grandchildren asked me what it was like when I started school. It was January 1940 and children were sent to school so that mothers could contribute to the war effort, so at 3 years and 3 mths my schooling began. My big sister took me to the door and left me lucky the teacher was a grandmotherly type, only older teachers then , the younger also did the war effort thing, but having successfully mastering the art of drawing a cat and writing my name on the slate board it seemed all good and i waited at the door until big sister came and took me back home.