PDA

View Full Version : QSA and memorials

kaigs
31-01-2011, 7:28 AM
Hi folks, please can anyone tell me if there is a list of recipients of the QSA and KSA. Also I am looking for memorials/monuments to those that fell in the war and to date of my 24000 deaths I have managed to locate just over 20000 of them on a memorial somewhere in the world. I have most of the "main memorials but am now 'snookered' on the minor villages and towns

crimea1854
31-01-2011, 8:52 AM
Kaigs

There are medal rolls for both the QSA and KSA held at the National Archives, Kew. If you have a subscription to Ancestry these are available, and searchable by name online.

Martin

Peter Goodey
31-01-2011, 10:37 AM
If you have a subscription to Ancestry these are available, and searchable by name online.

The index is free, the data can be accessed on a pay as you go basis. No subscription is needed. I believe this is a contractual obligation on National Archives partners.

kaigs
01-02-2011, 5:42 AM
As always thanks Martin and also to you Peter, unfortunately I have about 2000 names to "verify" so its going to be a little expensive particularly living in South Africa to get to the Archives. Incidentally regarding the monuments I have been sadly amazed at how rude some Churches have been in not even replying to my original request for information and no amount of chasing seems to jog anyone's conscience on the other hand individuals have come to the party with enthusiasm. That's life I suppose!

Tonym
01-02-2011, 10:22 AM
kaigs

Would you be aware if any of your memorials have female nurses commemorated on them?

Tony

kaigs
02-02-2011, 1:05 PM
Hi Tony, yes of the 32 nurses 22 have names on a memorial somehwere.