PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the death of John Evans

Colin Rowledge
26-01-2011, 9:34 PM
I realize that my request is off the wall, but how can I find a death for John Evans? :conehead:is me!!!

I have him with his wife and extended family at 57 Oxford Street, Swansea, in 1911. He was 59 and a tailor by trade/profession.

Due to the birth of a daughter in 1890 and who married in 1909, I have census detail from 1891.

Is there a simple way to narrow the search criteria?

Thanks

Jeuel
26-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Did his wife have a less common first name? Her death cert would state whether she was wife or widow at the time of her death, so you could narrow down the time.

I do sympathise - I have a raft of Welsh people, John Evans amongst them, who drive me dotty. I once found an entire street on a census with 4 men called David Jenkins all married to Anns and no idea which - if any- were the couple I was looking for!

Colin Rowledge
26-01-2011, 10:43 PM
His wife's 1st name was Margaret.

I am currently awaiting the b-c for the daughter [also named Margaret] who married a William Owens. This will at least provide her maiden name

From her age on the 1911 census, I have found a 'possible' death for her in 1st q. 1960 in Swansea.Again, however, there are lots of Owens's in Swansea