PDA

View Full Version : Harriet HARRISON of Rocester

janbooth
09-06-2005, 10:18 AM
I have been looking for several years for my 3x ggrandmother Harriet ? who married Thomas BOWYER of Marston Montgomery. She was neither married nor buried in Marston and the only information I had about her was the baptism of three children in the parish register of Marston. However, purely by chance last week when looking through the parish register transcripts of Rocester, I found her burial on 30 March 1803. I am hoping therefore, maybe erroneously, that because she was buried in Rocester, she originally came from there. There is no trace of a marriage of a Harriet to a Thomas BOWYER in the transcripts of Rocester, nor of any marriage in the Family History Online Marriages of Staffs. I have found 2 baptisms of Harriets in Rocester, one a Harriet GOULD (for whom I think I have found a marriage) and the other a Harriet HARRISON bapt 1 Sep 1776, father David mother Henrietta. There is no burial record nor marriage record for this Harriet in Rocester. Is there anybody researching this HARRISON family from Rocester who has any information about Harriet which would either eliminate her from my search or even better confirm that she did indeed marry Thomas BOWYER. A visit to Rocester St Michael churchyard yesterday did nothing to help clarify matters as many gravestones had been removed, some were broken and many were illegible. Does anybody know if there are records of Monumental Inscriptions for Rocester?? Many thanks and any help would be much appreciated.

Janet.