PDA

View Full Version : Screen shots

Judy M
08-06-2005, 3:00 AM
I am working on a paper for a discussion group this Saturday and would like to include some images of screen shots eg the home page of British Genealogy.

Is there a way of capturing this.?

I have XP.

Do I need some special software?:(

If I could manipulate the image in psp it would be a bonus eg add pointers

Anyone with expertise?

JayneCanada
08-06-2005, 3:11 AM
Hi Judy,

All you need to do is:

1. Bring up the page in your browser.
2. Press the Print Screen (Prt Scr) button (next to the F12 button and above the Insert button - well it is on my keyboard).
3. Open up PSP > Click on Edit > Paste as new image and your image should be there for you to see.

However, I don't know what the copyright situation is with this so you may want to ask Rod if it's ok. I'm sure he won't mind but better to be safe. :D

Peter Goodey
08-06-2005, 7:41 AM
In addition to the standard operating system method mentioned by Jayne, look up "screen capture" in the psp help file. It's "File...Import...Screen Capture", I believe.

Diane Grant-Salmon
08-06-2005, 8:44 AM
This is a link to a free download of Gadwin PrintScreen 2.6 (scroll down the page to download the free version). I've been using it for years and find it very useful.

Version
Gadwin PrintScreen 2.6

Platforms
Windows® 98, Me, NT® 4.0, 2000 and XP

Date
07/16/03

Size
970 KB

Andrew Mead
09-06-2005, 6:25 AM
If you press 'Print Screen' button, it copies the screen to the clipboard. Any picture editing software can then be used - just do 'paste'. If you hold 'Alt' and then 'Print screen' it will only copy the active window to the clipboard and you don't have to edit the oicture (so you can save and send on those annoying error messages)

Judy M
09-06-2005, 10:56 AM
Thanks to you all for your help!...The print screen button worked a treat & I was able to paste into PSP easily for editing.:D