PDA

View Full Version : evason family

evason
07-06-2005, 5:45 PM
Hi i am trying to find out about the evason family i know that william evason married harriet glover on 29th july 1867 and i know how many children they had but am finding it difficult to find out any information about william before he married. I know his fathers name was Joseph but he died before they married i know this information as i have williams marriage certificate. Could anybody suggest how i can find out who his mother is or where they lived. I have tried several searches but came up empty handed.

janbooth
08-06-2005, 10:54 AM
I don't know if this will be any help, but on Family History Online Staffordshire Marriages there is this marriage on 15 November 1830 at St Peter, Stoke on Trent of a Joseph EVASON, bachelor, potter, to a Jane WILCOCK, spinster. Does this fit in with any of your other information??

Janet.

evason
11-06-2005, 1:00 AM
Thanks for your help Janet will look into it as i don't know josephs wifes name
Kind regards Joan

marke
18-06-2006, 9:03 AM
Hi i am trying to find out about the evason family i know that william evason married harriet glover on 29th july 1867 and i know how many children they had but am finding it difficult to find out any information about william before he married. I know his fathers name was Joseph but he died before they married i know this information as i have williams marriage certificate. Could anybody suggest how i can find out who his mother is or where they lived. I have tried several searches but came up empty handed.

Hi there,

Hope this helps- I believe Williams parents were Joseph born 1811 in Burley Dam, Cheshire (Profession Potter) and Jane born in 1811 in Hanley (I think her maiden name could be Wilcox)

William I believe is my Great Great Grandfather who was married to Harriet (born 1846 in Godshill Staffordshire) and was a coachman.

I believe they both had a son Joseph (Born 1883, died 1950), my Great Grandfather. Joseph moved to the Mansfield area, becoming a publican. Not sure of his wifes name but he did have a son called Harry (My Grandfather born around 1907)

Let me know if this is of any use

Regards

Mark Evason

evason
20-06-2006, 4:31 PM
Hi Marke
Yes this does help I have found out several things since I posted this message but I am still looking for a lot more info so thanks for this.
William was also my great great grandfather. His son Jessie was my great grandfather he married Selina Benson and they had my grandfather Jack. My family live mostly in Liverpool and I live on the Wirral.
Do you have a family tree? as I would like to share mine with you if you would be interested. Will send you my e-mail address if you like. Joseph's wife's name was Maude Martin they married in Wolstanton St. Margaret.
Joannie