PDA

View Full Version : Boiling family

Findem
05-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Hi,

Is anyone researching the Boiling or variant names?

I am not sure but possibly Balling is a variant.

I'm trying to track down my wife's ancestor Hester Boiling c1761, that date is calculated from her age of 76 years, given in her burial entry in 1837, she was buried at Long Crendon, Bucks.

Hester was the second wife of John Ing whom she married in 1788 at Long Crendon, I have purchased the Bucks FHS Long Crendon PRs transcript CD but there is no trace of Hester's baptism on it.

The only mention of Hester Boiling on the Transcripts are her marriage and burial entries, the only other people with the name Boiling in the Transcripts were Alfred Boiling who married Millie Andrews in 1899 and Alfred's father John who was a witness.

At least one of the family moved away from Long Crendon, Elizabeth Ing a daughter of John and Hester married Jonathon Hastings at Little Marlow, Bucks in 1810, it could be that the Boilings had connections in Lt Marlow, the Ing line were in Long Crendon as far back as 1650.

Regards

stepives
17-07-2011, 2:14 PM
Hi Findem.

Long Crendon is one of those villages that border Oxfordshire, and usually my first port of call, is looking in Oxfordshire if I'm having trouble locating relatives from that area.

Anyway, I digress.

This maybe a possible baptism for your Hester Boiling.

Hester Boiling baptised - 3 Oct. 1784. Thame. Daughter of George & Mary Boiling (Farmer) of the Union Workhouse. Poor.

Not unheard of, for children being baptized later in life, as I have quite a few of those myself. I even had one Gt.Aunt who was baptized 1 week before her marriage.

I cannot find a marriage in Oxfordshire for George & Mary nor burials in Thame.

Other variations of surname to consider are: Bailing-Bayling-Boyling or even Baldwin.:eek6:

Hope this helps a wee bit.

Steve.:cheers2:

From OxFHS Thame Regs. Transcripts. Vol.1.

Findem
19-07-2011, 12:36 AM
Hi stepives,

Many thanks for that baptism, it certainly is feasible, I have a couple of ancestors who were baptised a short while prior to their marriage, no doubt to fulfill a prerequisite for marriage. Additionally, Hester and her husband John Ing named their fifth child (second son) George, so that could be a clue, they also named a daughter Mary but Hester's mother-in-law was also a Mary.

Later today (or this morning in UK time) I'll have a ferret around for George and Mary's marriage.

I've only been researching my wife's tree about a year and a half and already it has led me a merry old dance through Essex, Norfolk, Middlesex, Sussex, Surrey, Kent, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and now possibly Oxfordshire! I was lucky with my lot, Essex with just a couple of "foreign" branches, Dalton from Norfolk and Sturdy from Yorkshire.

Regards.

Findem
19-07-2011, 1:41 AM
Hi,

Just in case some kind person should think of looking for Hester in a census to find her Birthplace I should mention that Hester Ing nee Boiling was buried 12 Feb 1837 in Long Crendon aged 76. :sad:

Regards

burmese
23-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Hi Afred&Millie where my granparents & they moved to Cornwall I have traced the family back to James BOILING 1786-1859 REGARDS KJB
Hi,

Is anyone researching the Boiling or variant names?

I am not sure but possibly Balling is a variant.

I'm trying to track down my wife's ancestor Hester Boiling c1761, that date is calculated from her age of 76 years, given in her burial entry in 1837, she was buried at Long Crendon, Bucks.

Hester was the second wife of John Ing whom she married in 1788 at Long Crendon, I have purchased the Bucks FHS Long Crendon PRs transcript CD but there is no trace of Hester's baptism on it.

The only mention of Hester Boiling on the Transcripts are her marriage and burial entries, the only other people with the name Boiling in the Transcripts were Alfred Boiling who married Millie Andrews in 1899 and Alfred's father John who was a witness.

At least one of the family moved away from Long Crendon, Elizabeth Ing a daughter of John and Hester married Jonathon Hastings at Little Marlow, Bucks in 1810, it could be that the Boilings had connections in Lt Marlow, the Ing line were in Long Crendon as far back as 1650.

Regards

burmese
24-04-2012, 2:24 PM
Hi Alfred & Millie where my granparents and move to Cornwall uk Traced family back in a direct line to James Boiling born 1786-1859 and was married to Sarah Heel .Have you any information about the Boiling very grateful to know
regards kjb

Findem
25-04-2012, 1:01 AM
Hi kjb,

Sorry to say I have no further info on the name Boiling, I will give however the full dates of the two events I mentioned, Hester Boiling married John Ing 8 Dec 1788 at Long Crendon, Bucks, Hester was buried there 12 Feb 1837 aged 76.

So far I have been unable to find any clues to help, I have checked the Family Search site but found nothing relevant there, quite a number of Bucks Boiling and variants (e.g. Bowling) of the name on that site, mostly dated in the 1500s and 1600s but nothing of use to me.

John and Hester named their first son William presumably after Johns father, they had another son they named George so possibly Hester's father was named George, using the same logic Hester's mother could be named Elizabeth, Sarah, Charlotte or Jane (names in birth order).

So that's as far as I have got with my seemingly impenetrable brick wall.

Regards.

Findem
26-04-2012, 12:09 AM
Hi kjb,

This is by way of a P.S.

I should have mentioned that I am leaning towards Hester being the Hester Boiling baptised 3 Oct 1784 at Thame Oxforshire, daughter of George Boiling and Mary (nee Farmer) mentioned earlier in this topic who was found by stepives.

I tried finding the marriage of George and Mary plus other children but with limited resources available (to me) was unsuccessful, now that you've brought that family to mind I'll have another go, not optimistic but you never know your luck!

Regards.