PDA

View Full Version : Jewish ancestors in Worcs & Herefordshire

Brock
25-11-2010, 8:15 PM
Hi all, I have recently learned that there is supposed to be a Jewish connection in my family tree relating to an ancestor named Lucy Dallow (nee Bennett). Lucy's mother was named Sarah Causier & we believe that the connection is possibly somewhere along the Causier line.
I have spotted three entries on the JewishGen website which shows that someone has three entries in the name of Causer & Causier in Worcestershire & Herefordshire & as our Causier family were known to be a Worcestershire family I would like to look into this further.
Unfortunately, no first names or dates are given & the person who entered this information onto the site hasn't used it since 2002. I have tried sending a message through the site in the hope that it still might reach them but I had no reply.
I have never had cause to research Jewish ancestry before & so I am unsure how to go about looking into this further.
If anyone can advise me on any websites or organisations which they know of to be good for Jewish research I would be most grateful please.

Thank you.

Jan1954
25-11-2010, 8:21 PM
Hello Brock,

You may find the booklet "My Ancestors Were Jewish (http://www.parishchest.com/index.php?cmd=viewproduct&cat=&id=P81558&pageOffset=0)" to be a good starting point. :smile5:

Richard1955
25-11-2010, 8:39 PM
Hi Brock
If you 'google' search the name Causier you will find plenty to study.
Hope that helps.

Richard

Brock
26-11-2010, 8:25 AM
Thank you Jan & Rik, I will look at what you suggested & keep my fingers crossed!

Ladkyis
26-11-2010, 11:35 PM
There is a mailing list on rootsweb for people researching Jewish ancestry in the UK - it is called British-Jewry. The people on this mailing list are really, really helpful, I was connected to some Jewish cousins in Australia through the mailing list. There is a website related to the mailing list too with loads and loads of really useful stuff
www.
british-jewry.org.uk/
There is also the Jewish Genealogical Society of Great Britain. www.
jgsgb.org.uk/ They also have loads of members who are ready to help even though, like me, you are not actually Jewish.

I hope this helps

Brock
27-11-2010, 8:59 AM
Having no knowledge of Jewish records what so ever I am really grateful for your message telling me of recommended sites. Thank you Ladykyis, I will certainly have a look at both of those sites & look into enquiring with them for further directional help.