PDA

View Full Version : James Crick - Master Shoemaker

ziksby
02-06-2005, 10:47 AM
I have James Crick(55) and his family on the 1861 census in St Pancras, London. His pob and that of his children is (Bury)St Edmunds. Is he on the 1851 in Bury St Edmunds? with wife Mary(52), children Ezeikal(blind)(35), Newby?(29), Arthur(17), Lorenza(15), Lonza(Alonza)(14), Julia(12).

Arthur became a fairground showman and had a large family of fairground and circus descendants. His wife Catherine seen here on her stall.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/ziksby/CatherineLee.jpg

Any other information (marriages, births) on this family greatly appreciated.

AnnB
02-06-2005, 1:53 PM
Hello Ziksby
Think these are your Cricks from the 1841 census of Suffolk
HO107/1042/6 Folio 16 Page 24
Bury St Edmunds
Raingate Street
James Crick / 30 / Y [no occupation given]
Mary do / 30 / Y
Letitia do / 15 / Y
Ezekiel do / 13 / Y
Edmond do / 11 / Y
Keziah do / 9 / Y
Newby do / 7 / Y
Folio 16 Page 25
Lavinia Crick / 6 / Y
Priscilla do / 4 / Y
Arthur do / 2 / Y
Albert do / 5 / Y

There was also another family who look promising (possibly James's father and another child - how many did they have?? :eek: )
HO107/1042 Folio 19 Page 31
Bury St Edmunds
Raingate Square
Halls Yard
James Crick / 70 / Ind / Y
Mary do / 71 / Y
Earl do / 14 / Y

Hope that helps
Best wishes
Ann

ziksby
02-06-2005, 3:14 PM
Thank you so much for that quick reply. I'm doing this research for some Crick fairground and circus descendants and they didn't believe that their ancestors were shoemakers when I found James on the 1861 census. Fortunately another relative had heard an aged aunt mention shoemakers in the family. This has helped me a great deal as I have now found another "Lorenzo" which is the family's middle name and one they used on fairgrounds and in the circus ....
"The Great Lorenzo" and "Lorenzos from London" I've tried several times to upload a fairground photo of the Lorenzo coconut shy, but no luck.